Centurians - people who have lost more than 100 lbs

(Raj Seth) #123

That last photo of your beautiful daughter is nice too :+1:

(Frank) #124

Ive lost 101 lb since January 2016. 45 of which ive lost doing Keto from Christmas day 20,17.

(KCKO, KCFO) #125

Congrats, well done.

(Frank) #126

Thank you

(Jody Crawford) #127

Late as I am to this thread, I still want to respond to your words here. I’ve been keto for a whisp of time, and already have that mindset change of joining in rather than being the bystander to our family’s life.
Your words resonated for me this morning and brought a tear to my eye. My kids are younger (11yrs and 7yrs) and I hope the memories I give them post-Keto will replace the memories they have of me standing, waving. (Or sitting, waving because standing for too long when you are exhausted just doesn’t happen.)

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #128

And you’re a motorcyclist and lover of Japanese motorcycles? Bonus.

@Brenda Yup. True dat!

I even recently sat on a KLR, about like yours since I discovered your peculiar taste in big singles. You know…just to satiate my appetite.

I kept my wallet in my pocket…FOR NOW…

(Chris) #130

Saturday I crossed the 100lb threshold. I thought I remembered seeing a thread here for Centurians.

3 months keto->8 months Carnivore. 101.2lbs in 321 days according to the spreadsheet. First 50lbs where relatively “easy” if that’s possible. Def had to work for the rest. 61 days between crossing the 90 to 95lb threshold.

Only 35lbs overweight now… Will probably take till next summer to reach my theoretical goal

(KCKO, KCFO) #131

Chris Congrats! Just keep it going you will get there.

(Chris) #132

No doubt. The sense of urgency has totally dropped the closer I get to my goal. Which in a way has been good. Not doing stupid things to drive weight loss or intentional caloric restriction. Just eating meat, getting healthy, and making the difficult choices one at a time.

(Kirk) #133

My baby. 2013 Phantom. Custom seat, signals, and 123db airhorn. (Hang up your phone and drive your #$&*@ car)

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #134

It’s beautiful :heart_eyes:
Holy crap you’re a firefighter too. :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
So many cool people in this forum!

Wow, great stories, well done all. And great inspiration for all us newbies.

(Kirk) #136

Yeah, 28 years so far. I was the fire chief when I had my heart attack after a big fire four years ago. Finished my term at the end of that year and stepped down, still had a full time job and something had to give. I still drive the big red trucks, and now that I’m fit, healthy and below my high school weight, I’m planning to go back on fire attack status.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #137

That’s really fantastic to hear how far you’ve come Kirk. Amazing @Farback
Here’s my baby, a 2010 KLR650 Kawasaki Dualsport.
I plan on installing an aftermarket horn. I want it as loud as the old car horns!

Ahhhhh. Cool scoot, AND a flannel shirt!!!

These are 2 of my favorite things!

I used to wear flannel shirts that didn’t fit, to hide my girth, now…that I’m at my goal weight, I can’t wait for cool weather.

So I can wear them and feel GREAT about it. I bought several at Costco last year, since I need TALL sizes and they are pretty heavy weight. I also sometimes find tall sizes on the shelf at Wallyworld.

I LOVE the fall, and my favorite thing is to ride through the crooked roads in the Ozark Mountains, kicking up leaves in my wake…smelling the smoke from distant campfires.

All
By
My
Self
!!!

Life is good.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #139

Motorcycles, keto, flannel shirts, campfires, a ten day solo trip I took into the Ozarks just last year. Counted over 100+ twisties on one road alone.

5 of my favorite things.

(Jane) #140

I live in Arkansas. When someone asks you how far a place is you tell them in time not miles!

“ ‘bout a 45 min drive”… and it could be anywhere from 60-90 miles away! :laughing:

(Kirk) #141

If you ever get to Nova Scotia, the Cape Breton highlands Cabot Trail is some of the best riding we have here. Mountainous peg scraping twisty roads and constant elevation change with fantastic views.

(Chris) #142

Angles are not quite the same, but never the less 100lbs down. 4xl shirt on the left, 2x on the right by accident (grabbed my teammates shirt by mistake)