Centurians - people who have lost more than 100 lbs

(Kirk Wolak) #183

Well, I am a Centurian (Imagine a Red Dot for an eye going left to right)!

307 lbs… Current low 185… Now 307 was my heaviest scale weight, but I developed an interesting allergy to getting on the scale!

Everything I tried (Independently) did not work, I could not find my groove. UNTIL I combined EVERYTHING into a very custom program for me (Dr. Perricone, Dr. Gundry, Dr. Atkins, Dr. Fung, Dr. Baker, Mikhalia Peterson/Jordan Peterson… Zero Carb).

In the end, Zero Carb + Intermittent Fasting. I eat MWF. Even as I hit my 190lb goal, I still eat MWF! LOL, it’s kinda a habit after almost 10 months. Plus why eat more often than I have to?

My lesson/take: Every Body is different. I have to be SUPER Strict because like Ms. Peterson, food has horrible impacts on me. Yesterday I completed a TIGHT 21 days of PKD (Dr. ZSofia Clemens/Paleo Medicina)… I lost additional weight, broke my 190 without really trying. But no bacon/nitrites/preservatives/sweeteners, etc. Ultra Clean Zero Carb. No BPC, Coffee, Tea, etc. Meat+Fat, Salt+Pepper, and WATER!

And I gained 7.2 lbs yesterday! Eating KETO, and staying in Ketosis the whole time. Because I ate bacon and stuff, and I ate all day since my test was over. I did NOT CARE! This is the first time in 10 months I felt like I was on a diet. But I proved I could go that long without bacon and sausage. (It is clearly inflammation weight as something pushed my BP higher as well. But I had 5 things I will have to spend the next 5 weeks ISOLATING and testing to find WHICH (if not all) that caused the weight gain and BP increase). KCKO

%40Before_And_After_FINAL

(KCKO, KCFO) #184

Great transformation. Congrats!!

Wow!!!

(Carol) #186

Dude! Amazing results!!

(Central Florida Bob ) #187

My wife was walking by and noticed your pictures. She says, “is that the same guy?”

Thought you’d appreciate that. You’re looking great.

(Kirk Wolak) #188

I am HALF the man I used to be… At least 2/3rds… LOL.

Thank you for sharing that…
You know that picture and those comments are what keep me ultra motivated to never go back to eating Carbage!

(Marianne) #189

Isn’t skinny fun!?

(Kirk Wolak) #190

I certainly enjoy shopping for clothes more. LOL

Congrats, Kirk! :+1:

(Misty Foley) #192

Wow! Amazing change lfod14!
Congrats!

(Kirk Wolak) #193

Retta,
You were a Trailblazer. Would you EVER compare how long it took to travel across the USA on a horse or on foot, to doing it in hours on an airplane?

And it took me under 10 months. BUT The truth is: It took me a LIFETIME!
Because I would have done it 30 years ago if I knew.

If I could pay someone $10,000 right now to go back in time, and send me a video of me telling myself to “Listen up stupid” (say 30 years ago, maybe even 40)… I would gladly do it!

It takes all of us a lifetime to do this. I was fortunate enough to run into the right information (once I opened my mind) in the right order and found what worked quickly (because I knew Atkins would fail me from past experience, and vegetables went from good to bad… FOR ME). Realizing that it IS an INDIVIDUAL Experience is key.

And how much BAD, but well-meaning advice, did you get along the way?
I paid 3 doctors and a dietitian to help me. All promised if I followed their way, the weight would melt off. Later discovered the Dietitian KNEW she was running a lie, when I found out she had to have Liposuction because all the calorie cutting and DAILY Bike Riding couldn’t keep her weight down! (Funded by Coca-Cola, of course she did not know. And she said the Atkins diet is killing people. LOL).

So, you know better now. You look truly HAPPIER and I wish you all the best as your journey continues.

If you are not doing IF please consider it. Everyone I know who has done it, has ZERO excess skin!

Kirk Out!

split this topic #194

7 posts were split to a new topic: Studies showing Sweeteners that Raises Insulin Levels?

(Retta Stephenson) #195

@CaptainKirk
Thank you so much for the most encouraging post I’ve read in quite awhile!
Loved it. And even had to laugh while nodding in agreement about all the “bad advice” along the way. I remember once in the 80’s emptying out our savings account to pay for a hospital based “doctor supervised” diet program that promised I would never have to be hungry. Could eat all the carbs you want to stay full, as long as you never eat any fat.!!! Uh… I lost about 90 lbs… only to rebound eventually gain it all back and another hundred to boot! And like you, that’s one of many such experiences.

But yes… I am so grateful that I know better now. I owe my life to people like the 2KetoDudes Carl and Richard, and before that Jimmy Moore, Dr William Davis, Dr Jason Fung, Drs Volek and Phinney’s books, and so many more willing to risk the wrath of their peers to tell the truth before it became more acceptable.

I’m really close to having lost 200 lbs now. Somedays I just shake my head… and can hardly believe it. And then I feel so thankful. Life is good. Life is short. Life is precious. And I want to pass on the truth and hope that I was given to anyone willing to hear it.

Thanks, Captain Kirk, you made my day. :vulcan_salute:

(Ian) #196

While my weight lose will never put me into this esteemed club, I just wanted to say how humbled I have been reading through this thread and how much respect I have for all the posters. Congratulations to everyone and I wish there were a way for the naysayers to see the incredible changes that are possible on low carb/keto. One day… ( Vive la révolution )

(Marianne) #197

Fabulous. Love this.

(John) #198

I guess I now fall into this category.

Starting weight about 320. Current weight about 217, so around 103 pounds down, and still consistently but slowly losing.

Still around 40 pounds to go to get to my eventual goal. First hundred are the easy ones.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #199

This is awesome.

(Marianne) #200

In the scheme of things, 40 lbs. isn’t that much - I bet you look great already.

(Paul Currie) #201

Thank you Keto! Pictures taken exactly 1 year apart and 115lbs lost.

Amazing, Paul!!!