Cauliflower pizza crust

I enjoy a cauliflower pizza crust.

Place cauliflower pieces into a food process and pulse until coarse.
Steam the cauliflower until soft. I just place into an inch or two of water and cook.
Drain most of the water and place the cooked and somewhat cooled cauliflower onto a clean dishtowel.
Wrap the towel around the cauliflower and squeeze out more water over the sink.
Twist the towel with the cauliflower inside to wring out as much water as possible.
Place “dried” cauliflower into a bowel and add an egg, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix with hands
Spread onto parchment paper in thin layer and bake 300 deg. for 30-40 min. depending on thickness. Keep a watch on it so that it does not burn in the thinner areas. Sometimes it takes longer to bake depending on water content. Then turn it over a bake a little more.
Add toppings and bake!

(Jennifer) #2

making this tomorrow night!

(Jessica ) #3

I don’t even steam the cauliflower and it skips the ringing out part! Grate the cauliflower, mix one cup grated cauliflower with 1 egg and 1/4 cup grated cheese. Spread out on parchment paper, bake at 425 for 20 minutes, flip the crust over and bake another 5 minutes. Add toppings and broil from 2 minutes.

Texture is awesome, never soggy and super fast!

(Jennifer) #4

I used 2 bags of frozen riced cauliflower and steamed it, squeezed out the moisture then added 1/2 block of cream cheese, handful of mozzarella and Parmesan. Added salt, pepper and Italian spices.

Spread it out and cooked it for 30-40 minutes at 400 degrees.

Turned out really good.

(Lauren Casapulla) #5

Agree, baking or roasting works better!

I can’t wait for my next cauliflower. Skipping the cooking and water draining will be so much simpler. Thank you!

(Jessica ) #7

Let us know how it turns out!

Me too likes Cauliflower pizza crust much. From the times where i ate the standard diet, i own a potato press with a cotton cloth (like a round bag). Details you can see here potato press. I cook the cauliflower to the point at wich it is not that hard (around 20 minutes). After cooling down for about 20 minutes i put it into the cotton cloth and squeeze it with that press. It is that easy and effortless (except the 2 minutes for cleaning after usage). Because of the gently pressure it is not to dry and not to wet. The first try was to dry. I used to much pressure. It was almost dry and i had no got bonding of the ingridients. Now i found the (for me) best pressure and i am satisfied whith this press. It allows me to prepare a bulk of cauliflower in a short time and have some portions for the freezer.
Unfortunately this is a shop in germany, i do not know if there is any in your particular country. It is to give you an idea.

Oh, and by the way, i lurked the most time since i had registered. I personally thank you for the possibility to use and stay anonymously here. It is not that often to have this. I am aware about the responsibility which comes with this granted way of usage. I will treat this as a gift and acting accordingly and polite.

Just my 2c

(paul willson) #9

@ kate that sounds yummy, I have got to give it a try. :slight_smile:

(Jessica) #10

Hm, I’ll have to give it another shot with raw cauliflower.

Tried it twice (dried the shredded cauliflower by roasting it in a pan, saw that in a recipe), and it turned out soggy. Also didn’t stick together, I had to scrape it from the parchment and was left with a lump of cauliflowerpizza.

(Jessica ) #11

Don’t cook it at all, don’t roast it in the pan. Shred it raw, mix it with the egg and cheese and then spread out on parchment paper and bake.

(What The Fast?!) #12

Trying out your suggestion. Not sure how much cauliflower to use but here we go:

200g cauliflower
1 egg
1/4 c grated Parmesan

Here it is before it goes in the oven! (My hand for size reference.)

Topped with:
1/4c Rao’s marinara
1oz shredded Mexican cheese (Trader Joe’s)
1oz sliced mozzarella (Bel Giosio)
1.5 oz leftover ribeye
Sprinkled with nutritional yeast at the end

Here are before and after it went in the oven.

Review: Solid. It didn’t fall apart, tasted good. It didn’t pass for regular :pizza:, but good for me. I don’t think my b/f would approve as a replacement but this was easy and fast to throw together. I ate the whole thing (about 600 cal) and am making a salad to accompany it.

(Jessica ) #13

I use 1 cup of grated cauliflower. Looks like it turned out pretty good! Since starting keto I lean more towards fathead pizza crust, but on occasion I still want some cauliflower crust pizza.

(What The Fast?!) #14

I’m going to try that next! I have 3 different recipes for it; I plan to try all three and report back!

(What The Fast?!) #15

Update: my boyfriend rated it a 7/10 except for the burned edges.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #16

I am not sure that I understand what this ingredient is, I know that I don’t have any ever though!:wink: