Carnivores March into March :)

zerocarb

(Robin) #21

That’s how I felt too! it’s kinda scary… like if it aint broke, don’t fix it. But I got off mine after I had been carnivore for a few months. I didn’t get the memo about stopping before. Lol

I ate some more meat. Hmmm… Considering how much meat I tend to eat when I have my first or second meatier day again, maybe I shouldn’t avoid proper meat for that long… I tend to end up with pork shoulder roast and eating a lot of it after my 8-10 eggs and a small bunch of other stuff, that’s a bit much :slight_smile: Tomorrow I won’t eat zillion eggs before my meat, at least that’s the plan. Eggs are like fat, I often get surprised how much I eat without trying… They just happen and bring their friends too.
I am nicely full now but I ate much, nothing extreme but definitely much. And this is without dairy as we don’t have any now. Shopping will happen on Friday, I probably won’t resist to get cream but I should be careful with that. And a bucket of sour cream, mmm… :smiley: And quark too.
I managed to eat my boring lean fish (I need spice for that but it’s fine), I get better at this… So maybe I get some more, I need variety, after all.

@ShannonM: Supplements are individual. I never took them on any woe (except keto, the original vegetarian style of mine. I lacked magnesium so I took, like, 10 pills a year, only when I had cramps… I have my limits) so I don’t take any. But some people need something, at least in the beginning…? Peace of mind is pretty important, I understand you are cautious! There are changes in the beginning, I can imagine they may be needed. We all have different circumstances anyway, we don’t get the same nutrients from our food, our needs and health are different… Each to their own.

(Daisy) #23

Finished off the 13 lb brisket today. Wanted to have some yogurt but time did not permit.

(Linda ) #24

Your meat looked fabulous so I went and bought a 10lb brisket threw it in the smoker for 4 hours then I’m going to throw it in my new oven til it reaches 200 /205 …

Yes, there is a pharmacy in the store. But, I do not have work back there very often. Usually, I can fill in for 5-10 minutes just cashiering when the need arises. The constant onslaught of hot flashes the past few months are horrible when I’m at work. Near 90% of customers now come in maskless, and none of the other retailers and educational institutions require them anymore. So…we wait. And no, I absolutely do not NEED the job - I just do it because I enjoy working and enjoy taking care of my customers. I have become more serious about resigning as of late, because I sense how much work there will be to do this spring/summer. In addition to training the dogs not to eat chickens and turkeys, I need to raise a new herd of chickens. The killed all except one this past fall. So, no egg layers (except for the one traumatized hen that the puppy chomped on). Then there is the garden - which I know is not necessary for my carnivore ways- but my family enjoys the foods, and I enjoy giving veggies to others.

Well, off to work this morning. Got a 7am shift- to unload our weekly truck. The load is less than 50% our normal amount, Used to 700 + pieces…the last two trucks have been just over 300. So, should make for a fun day. Think Im a gonna fast for the day.

Have a good one, all!

@JJFiddle
yes the zero carb eating plan is sorely misunderstood. There are truly ways to make it work, but everyone has to go thru adaption from a big elminination menu like this. It is the toxins leaving the body. The gut flora changing. So much happening, and yes, everyone is gonna get some D, and sometimes a combo of other adaption issues we have to endure to get to the ‘great other side’ and many can’t handle adaption. Simple as that. But if one researched before attempting carnivore they truly would understand why they are facing what they are facing. Like all dieting plans, people shred carnivore to pieces. Key being all of us who make it thru boot camp, wow, do we have the best changes and of course all that info is just dismissed, lol, but I don’t care what is said out there from some, I am living my best healthiest life. All we can do is live great for more proof I guess. :slight_smile:

ahh, deer sausage. hubby made it when he hunts. he didn’t hunt this year but got a new lease for next year of 800 acres with a friend from his work…so yea more deer in the freezer for me next year!

@Karen18
glad you filled out some papers and got the ball rolling. I believe you will get early retirement thru medical, I mean it is such a short time. But smart to just let the chips fall where they do and don’t worry about it.

You are different now K! It is ok. You will adapt to a new you. You recovered very well, are a very strong individual, and I think with just more general healing time and such you will end up in an ok place for yourself!

I watched a UK show last nice, Big Dreams, Small Spaces. People remodeling their gardens. It was a great show and I instantly thought of you :slight_smile: Your garden rivaled any on that show!

@Azi
down 8 now! WOW you are doing wonderful. Being home has suited you very well! And your pool being ready with nicer weather coming etc., means you can get your body moving even more with wonderful times in the pool. All aligned for you right now and you are in a sweet spot. Good for you!!

@Shinita
one key to carnivore is we don’t control anything when it comes to food. All we control is the fact we eat 0 carbs from plants. After that it is ok to eat any time of the day, little or a ton, not eat for a long time, then eat all thru the day when we need it…but this annoying issue changes. New people in zc can have big fluctuations and big flips times in their food intake…that is ok. It is normal. All zc people who hold plan get thru this and eventually fall into their own category of either omad suits them or 2 meals per day or some still hit on 3 meals per day. But this only comes after our crazy adaption times and key is eat any time you want, all you want and don’t ever think anything else about it…we pass thru this phase but everyone kinda has to pass thru it to get to the other great benefit side. The more you try to control carnivore, the more screwy the whole way of eating gets out of whack.

@ShannonM
HI and welcome to the thread!! How long have you been zero carb?
Yea it is ok to slowly dump supps. It is best to ditch before starting but many do the slow walk down from stuff like this as they progress in time on this plan. Cool. Dairy, ahhh, so crazy for each of us. Some do so well on it and others can’t handle it at all. Most carnivores, when we start eat bigger dairy, rely on that cheese, but as we hold plan, time goes by a ton of us drop cheese and other dairy mostly. I think we find no nutritional ‘need’ for it and it just becomes an afterthought when we have such good meats/seafood fish and fowl to eat. I started with alot of cheese in my zc life til it just gradully got lower and lower, just didn’t want it. You want to cut dairy because? just wondering.

@Ketodaisy
beauty brisket meat pic as usual from you :slight_smile: finished off ‘’’‘13 lb. brisket’’’’’ so cool ya know! 13 lbs of goodness. When I tell someone I just finished off a lb. of bacon that doesn’t know my lifestyle well, they just stare at me like WTH? Or I say I am eating a whole rack of ribs for myself, it is fun to watch the face expressions, lol

@SecondBreakfast
ahhh, the not needed full time trouble job ya got, lol. It is hard to walk away sometimes but I know with farming, every minute of your day will be taken up with your homestead, that is for sure. It was that way for me. In fact, crazy thing is, I swear I worked 50 times harder :wink: cause when it is for your own place, your own animals and farm products and more, we put in a ton more effort…so yea if you decide to hang up the real job, you sure won’t be just lounging around, haha

I handled job and farm fine for many years til the workload all of the sudden becomes too demanding overall and those last nerves kinda start to go and ya think, pick one…pick one and do just that, I picked the farm.

--------------------------I bought 2 weirdo bags of snow crab legs. Bags had colored advert on them, could barely see the little clear what size legs and all was inside that 1.5 lb bag of legs…hmmm, I got only 2 to be safe to try.

first meal…eat that 1.5 lb bag of crab legs, if OK I will go get more, sale price wasn’t ‘too bad’ but darn pricey but if good, I want them in my life…and will eat a 1/2 lb. cheeseburger with them.

second meal I have a small NY Strip steak I need to polish off.

So set for the day on food.

I think from what I am reading from all we are gonna have one great March of the Carnivores this month!!

ok edited to add pic of the bag of legs I got…
IMG_20220303_070751_484

back has alot of advert/label etc so it is hard to see just what is in here but from what little I can see…they LOOK VERY SMALL ya know…I remember ol’ days of getting big honkin’ ones dirt cheap LOL
we shall see…but yum I hope is what I will be saying later
Notice the brand name…Luxury? damn straight it is and not an every day meal for someone like me :sunny: Ahh if I lived in the cold water area I would be making lbs and lbs of these babies daily…wishful thinking

(Edith) #27

Those look pretty tasty. What are they and how did you prepare them?

(Shannon) #28

Since August, and I was keto for nine months before that.

My only issue with dairy is I like it too much. I can’t just have cheese once a week or something like that. If I’m using dairy, I’m using it every day. Which would be fine, but I don’t lose weight when I’m eating it regularly. Weight isn’t my only reason for this woe, but it’s a big part of it as I’m considered morbidly obese. I also don’t gain weight while eating dairy, so once I reach all of my health and weight goals I’ll see about adding it back in.

(Robin) #29

I have continued to have heavy whipping cream throughout keto and now carnivore. It’s my only remaining non-meat food and I’m sticking with it. I stuck with it thru the loss of 63 pounds. But that’s me.
I talk big about giving it up, yet here I sit with the first cup of creamy delicious coffee of many today.
You do you.
You got this!

Oh that is wonderful, you got some time under your belt which is great.
So I take it ya got thru adaption time ok and now you are ‘more cruising’ on living this lifestyle, dealing with some body changes BUT YOU are now wondering more about what is to come…only better will come as an over all new whole person and a better well being in life :slight_smile: well it did for me, lol but it takes time for bigger changes. something we all walk.

OK…baby steps here.

No idea on YOU :slight_smile: What lbs have you lost on Keto and what lbs. on carnivore?

How much do you eat per day? what do you eat mostly?

Diary…yea I was a cheese hound cause cheese gave me something…relief of feeling like I gave up the entire world of food when I started zc. Believe me I relied on a ton of cheese. I did well on it, no allergy type symptoms or anything and I lost the bulk of my 50 lbs gone eating tons of cheese…well tons to me I would think.

dropping dairy can move the weight loss along. There was ‘no dairy growing on trees’ back in real life so it is a man made product. So when we do dump it, we can factor in that our bodies actually do more well of it then having it…but…without that further info on what you lost on zc since ya started and what medical issues ya got coming into this plan and you do ok on dairy, do ya REALLY NEED to give it up.

more chat about you helps a new carnivore ‘see in truth’ where that all lands ya know. This is all about you and not forcing life or lbs off that scale but healing the body and hormones to do it for you while eating so darn well.

so just chatting, just getting a feel of who we are when we come into this plan. what our bodies might require and don’t require and how we continue to just keep getting the best we can. thru this chatting in general we find ways to work thru issues and more and just get a ‘hold on ourselves’ a bit more on what it takes to thrive.

So I need the ‘last darn 20’ off me I want gone and I got a few lbs into doing just that to make me happy on some ‘darn scale number’ I am trying to hit…but every day, in the end, I have to back burner this thought, cause I lost the 50+ and now the last is a PIA in my brain…but ONLY thru holding plan and not worrying did I do my best ya know. Time gave me scale drops while eating well.

So again, thoughts we have to remember about carnivore is, eat all you need, all that works for you to keep this plan, you feel good eating, you function best on and just LET A darn amt of time keep on blowing by and darn…one day we get changes and we are like WTH? WOW :slight_smile:

again, just full on fun chat and learning chat to keep it all in perspective that carnivore plan starts with healing the body to heal itself. Part of that healing when accomplished then tackles the fact that fat cells will leave ya, cause fat cells are a product of metabolism and hormone unbalance. Eat healthy and change the body on its time and we don’t have to force this happening…but time is required :slight_smile:

I am immune to that so I can’t imagine getting it if I managed to do carnivore for long, actually… My little trials definitely just make things better (carbs may cause some softening, still super far from D), it seems lack of carbs and plants do really good there.
Just saying. Everyone is different and it’s almost impossible to say something that is true for everyone. Except very basic human things like one dies without food or loses muscles without protein.
If I got D, I would quit and never would come back :smiley: That’s a horrible warning sign in my life, well, I never really get it, I remember 2 times when I was borderline, one was bad magnesium supplement and the other… IDK but I did something too crazy with carbs (but it didn’t happen in the other times). But I always quit if I feel any discomfort or miss something anyway, I can’t do it any other way, core personality. Thankfully I never needed to endure bad times (I would, for health if I knew I must). I could do things slowly and gradually. Somewhat as I went from crazy sugary processed starchy high-carb to paleo and that was a pretty huge change. Especially after I lowered my carbs (I started with a carby paleo as that came naturally but quickly realized I still overate).

But I wanted to write: BRISKET! Finally, finally I managed to get some. Apparently, it looks like this:

Nice. Nicer than the lower leg full with tendon and membrane or what. I will figure out how one eats brisket… How is it BEST? It’s not like I can get it often so I want something great :smiley:

In the end, no spleen, just liver and heart so I will eat those today and tomorrow.

We bought some cheese too, some 6 months aged stuff and a smoked nice one.
The beef farm has lots of cats :slight_smile:

I couldn’t resist to taste the smoked cheese in the car so I ate lunch today (I planned to wait until 6pm but it’s a very known fact I have a very tiny control on my food intake, timing, food choices, well I am not that super bad at that though in the end of winter I desire juicy things too much…).

So I ate pork roast and cheese and 2 boiled eggs. The pork is dried out a bit and doesn’t have enough nice fatty parts but it will do. It makes satiation easy and properly long term, that’s good. It’s VERY annoying to get hungry in 1 hour, I do everything I can avoid it from now on, I had enough. Hence the no food until 5-6pm rule that I totally break today but no regret and having pork roast it doesn’t mess too much things up, I just probably will overeat, but nope, I avoid eating more pork today. I have sponge cakes and beef liver, that’s lean. Fatty pork is enough once a day anyway. And I had no scrambled eggs yet, I start to miss that :wink:

Of course we control things. We all decide about our woe and eat accordingly (or not).
I think I have the least control of us all, you others all control things like crazy!
And me not doing that at all is bad, I must control things but first of all, my eating window. Okay, my body controls it, obviously, I may try to control that I won’t eat with ZERO need. Not easy so I fail. I eat whenever I can. That’s where OMAD helps so I only need control for a few hours per OMAD period.

And not, it’s VERY MUCH NOT OK for me to be hungry for several hours. Nope. I HATE IT. I do anything to avoid it now, I force fast a bit to get nice satiation all the time. I am a hedonist, I need to avoid the horrible hunger! I want to chill. Oh and overeating feels bad too. Stupid, wasteful thing, I hate that too and fight with my all against it when I am in my sane mind.

It’s okay to eat zillion calories on some days, sure, I think I showed that many times I am okay with it. It’s even fun. But eating zillion tiny meals and never getting satiated… Maybe other folks can handle it, I can’t, it annoys me horribly, I can’t focus on my life, I lose my life, I just sleep and eat that way, nope, I rather die than living like that.
Maybe I am a bit dramatic but my life is awful, I often think of death and its benefits, too bad I like to live, I just don’t do it ever. Yet. So I make changes. If I focus on my life, hopefully it will help with OMAD. And then all will be well, with or without carbs but I will surely have a modest amount of it so perfect.

That’s my life. I never resist temptation… It just doesn’t help with annoyance and hunger every time. Okay, meat helps but I need my meat loving state for that. Today I am fine. Tomorrow I will be fine. Afterwards, we will see but I will make sure to keep some roast or something at hand all the time. Sometimes I run out and think I can handle a few days as I have other items and I LOVE eggs and sometimes it works, sometimes not. So I will make sure I will have a little emergency roast all the time :slight_smile: (Unless I forget. My mind has its annoying things.)

So it’s pretty hard. I don’t KNOW what my body want all the time. Sometimes I don’t want food at all - but I need it. Oh well I am experienced , I am sure my knowledge is enough to do things right if I focus.
Did I say I hate to focus too often? Tiresome.

Don’t mind me, I struggle with various things in life and I will come out of it better, I think :smiley: 2022 should be my year.

Snow crab, wow. We barely have ANY seafood here, I said that a few times :frowning: Not like it would be worth it for us… Maybe for Alvaro, he ordered some great crab food a few times in the past. I am not sure I ever ate crab… Well it must have been in something, I ate in restaurants so many times in my life, not very often but it added up… Though I usually was aware what I was eating and it wasn’t crab… But I prefer “normal” meat, it’s more substantial and flavorful to me. But I didn’t try most seafood so maybe it’s not true…
I still would like to try more seafood. Just sometimes. For variety and experience points.

Mmm… I really start to miss cream already… Eggs are great but not a perfect substitute… Sometimes it’s enough, sometimes it’s not. And I can’t even add some butter (close relative of cream) as we run out… I don’t have food dreams often but last night (more like morning, I almost always remember my dreams after I wake up and go back to sleep in the morning) I dreamed about getting butter on a good sale… I must miss it deeply. I barely use any but I miss that tiny amount, it seems. Last time we bought only a little brick of butter (100g), we used it sparingly, I ate it alone too, counted the price and it was worth it so much :smiley: I love butter and I only need a bit here and there, it’s perfect. It’s still just fat with water so the price is high for that but it’s such a tasty fat with water… At least I don’t buy expensive water or worse.
And I was a dear and didn’t even eat the last bite as Alvaro is into Vegemite sandwiches and appreciated it… He CAN’T get bored of the stuff and it’s not even good if you ask me :smiley:

(Shannon) #33

I lose 30 lbs the first three months of keto and nothing after that. I’ve lost an additional 17 lbs on carnivore, and even when I’m not losing it looks like I am. I’m 5’2 and started at 254, and am now at 207. I still have a ways to go till I can at least move around more comfortably.

I usually eat two meals a day. My first meal is usually a pound of ground beef. I remove the extra fat (I buy 73% lean, so there’s a lot) and save it for cooking in (I prefer it to tallow), but I back in about 3 tbs of butter (because I love butter). Plenty of salt, of course. My second meal varies, and is usually lighter, just depending on how hungry I am. It might just be 4 eggs, or I might make have some chicken or fish. Sometimes just beef again. I do eat the occasional steak or roast, and I add in some pork here and there, but I think I feel best on beef, but cost is an issue, so it’s mostly ground beef. I can get it delivered from Wild Fork Foods for $3.48/lb, so I buy 10 lbs at a time. I also throw in some liver here and there, and I gave beef heart a try. I wasn’t a fan, but I like liver okay. Oh, and bacon, but not as often as I would like, because it’s expensive.

To continue losing weight I do. I plan to add it back once I reach my weight loss goals.

Sure. But I don’t feel that I need dairy to heal. I mean besides butter. I’ll never cut out butter. But I don’t need cheese or HWC, and I tend to eat those things even when I’m not hungry. When I leave those things out I have no desire to eat except when I’m hungry. So I think it’s a better deal for me, at least for now.

(Karen) #34

Wow where do all these posts come from… I look 8n the morning and read 9ne or two and then when I pick up the phone again there zillions lol … which of course is great but I can’t always read them all, my brain just won’t let me.:pleading_face:

So I did wake a number of time through the night with a few wee trips then up before my alarm went off. I always set it when I have a CrossFit day so I can do my stair runs first. CrossFit was a real gassy one today but it was good. It is always good to know you can keep a great pace going on the erg machines and then do the other exercises straight after and in between another fast and long erg and again back on to exercises. I do like these type of workouts.

Went to local town to sort out banking and pick up prescription from pharmacy. Its frightening how quickly the time comes round to collect another batch!

@Fangs you are way too kind, my garden still needs a lot of stuff to fill the back end, I have only put a few bits on the patio so far lol. I will get there.

2 pork loin chops for brunch quickly followed by 2 more as they were tender and delish. A bit of cheese nut not really struck on it. I have some mutton in the slow cooker but not holding out much hope that that will be as tasty as a steak, it just needed cooking lol. Will try it later. I will also no doubt have a couple of hard boiled eggs before bed too.

Oh my daughter asked if I wanted to go for dinner at a Brazilian restaurant in Coventry tomorrow!! All the meat you can eat!!! Did she really have to ask me ??? Hahaha looking forward to that. Hopefully all the beef will see me through Saturdays CrossFit Open Games 22.2 :grinning::grinning::muscle::muscle::muscle:

This beef liver was a tad different than what I remembered. Not so sweet - or I changed, it’s possible. It’s VERY good. So good that I advised Alvaro to try it (I am more selfless than I thought… oh nope, everything I do is selfish. I like to feed him with nice food, it warms my heart). He didn’t feel the desire to do so right away, maybe tomorrow. But we very seriously tasted the cheeses… It’s a cheesy day for me. I usually eat less cheese in a week.

It’s like… a pâté, I guess. It has some liver flavor but not that usual extremely strong one! Just a bit, it’s meatier. So, pâté without all the work. Just the right firmness, it takes little time to make… Even very cheap… Perfect. I will buy more at the next opportunity.

And I sooo won’t buy pork shoulder anymore. I eat a few bites and it’s sure overeating according to the data… It’s very calorie dense and while satiating, not THAT much. And it’s not my fav either.
I will get some pork chuck tomorrow :slight_smile: And still have beef liver and heart.

Interesting.
I’ve been looking into different cuts of cattle, and how to cook in a way that appreciates this great resource.

I’ve never cooked brisket. But I soon will.

:slight_smile:

(Linda ) #37

I just lightly sprinkled with a garlic and herb spice and grilled them for 12 mins at 450…in my air fryer.

Went to an Argentinian restaurant in London once…ordered a steak, with all the rest.
Forget about side orders, this dish arrived huge and half alive.
I couldn’t finish it (but that’s because a lot of red wine was being chinned).
Very little of the rest was consumed, apart from the odd mushroom and onion slice.

(Robin) #39

Prepare thou self for nirvana.

(Linda ) #40

I ended up just leaving in smoker for 12 hours mainly so I would not be tempted to snack on it …iy came out great.

@shanita if you don’t have a smoker brisket is best done long and slow in oven lots of recipes online…
It’s got to be long and slow ito breat down all the tendons and chewy parts…
So todays foodf or me is brisket and flanken ribs.