Carnivores March into March :)

zerocarb

I thought there would be a March into Carni thread already but didn’t see one so here it is…here we go with a new thread guys and stronger than ever.

What is that saying, Spring comes in like a lion, out like a lamb…sure fits us carnivores!

Any goals or changes or small issues you want to experiment with or have for this month post them here.

Away we go…strong strong carnivore March everyone with good results to follow for all of us!

(Robin) #2

Thanks for getting us going and with such a rousing pep talk! Huzzah!

yea I thought FB was gonna start the thread since he is ahead of me being Aus but when I didn’t see it I just started ‘the Carnivore March’ again :slight_smile:

(Judy Thompson) #4

Thank you!
A beautiful 70° day here, lots to do as my brother in law flies in Thursday for a weekend visit (got us some beautiful ribeyes for the occasion!)
I’ll be dehydrating chicken and liver for Mimsy’s treats today.
Made broth lastnight - bag of marrow bones, saved beef bones, a tray each of chicken feet and necks for gelatin. Yummy. Fatty. Jarring it today.
More of the salmon for lunch this afternoon.
Happy March!

Hey all! Happy March! I like the Carnivore March. Methodical. One step at a time. We will get to where we’re going.
Cooked a couple chuck roasts in the insta-pot yesterday. My MIL suffered a stroke last week - but a very mild one. She and Dad were scheduled to come home from the hospital last night- so I wanted to have dinner ready for them. Also, had to butcher a turkey last night since the doggies were seen running with mouthfuls of feathers, after they pinned her in the hay shed. Apparently, they chomped her feathers off just enough to warrant that. So, that was one of the 2 days off.
Today, cleaning out a spot in the basement to start raising a new batch of egg layers that I shall purchase this weekend. Yes, we do have 265" inches of snow currently, but, it will thaw, and hopefully, by that time, they will be almost ready to lay eggs. I’ve got about 5 more buckets of waterglassed eggs from 2021 before I run out and actually have to buy some.
Got three early shift for Wed Thur and Friday. Off the weekend, except for a 4 hour pharm tech class required for work. We are supposed to be receiving an update this week as far as the whole mask mandate things goes. Every other employer around here has completely dropped that mandate- as this is one of the lowest risk areas - everyone- except for my employer. So, depending on what comes down from the head shed, I’ll either be continuing to work, or resigning. I am so over it all.

well…gonna go work on that turkey now. See what we can cook up. Have a good one.

The tiny snow melted, it’s perfect weather for a walk - if I don’t forget my gloves :smiley: That I totally did but it wasn’t so bad, not windy, sunny day… But we won’t have really warm days yet in the near future.

I finished my stew and other not quite carnivore items so hopefully tomorrow will be stricter. Not perfect as I need to eat some sausage (there was no emergency, like being in panic due to being super bored of eggs and normal meat, needing something different), it expires soon and it has a tiiiny bit of starch in it. Thankfully no sugar, it’s so silly to put sugar into meat…
But I defrost my last big slab of pork too, just to be safe :wink:
And we get our beef organs in Thursday! I won’t use the normal meat yet but I will eat fried liver/heart/spleen and it will be great I suspect.

For some reason, I just ate the leftover beef stew for fuel, without any particular joy. It was okay, tender and flavorful and everything but still wasn’t stellar. I enjoy my pork roast WAY more most of the time. I wonder what was the problem, this piece of meat (they are never the same, this one had lots of chewy parts too, we never had that before, the cats ate a few bits and that’s it) or me.
The chewy parts was a chore to ground, it took a lot of time but in the end I enjoyed the result. The chewy stuff, eggs, a tiny spice made my not-pizza crust. It wasn’t a carnivore not-pizza as I am not into that and I had my other plant matter anyway, why to sacrifice anything. It was delicious but I may lose some of my enthusiasm towards tomato as well… It will be a rare guest from now on I guess. I only made a not-pizza because Alvaro had one too and I had that beef thing. But it was good. Nice once in a blue moon.

I kinda stopped tracking but it was such an easy day and I was curious… Yesterday was more complicated with my 5 meals. I had too easy satiation. My first meal happened at 4:30pm but I am good at having them at a high frequency when they are tiny. I still didn’t overeat but it’s not convenient.
For my early dinner today I ate 8 eggs and 3 yolks, a little bunch of meat, a bunch of other things… I am not satiated yet but it will happen as it’s not a very small meal even for OMAD. Not a big one but a decent one, it may work.

I can’t wake up in the morning, it’s quite tragic and I am weak as a kitten, still couldn’t do my workout. I am hopeful tomorrow will be better.

So… Stricter days should come. I tend to get too relaxed when I am in my low-meat periods and that’s dangerous. But I had to take a break and we had beef stew but that’s such a luxurious and rich stuff I can’t eat much of it at once. It’s fortunate I LOVE eggs now. That actually doesn’t seem to matter SO much, I eat 6 eggs when I hate eggs and I rarely go over 10 when I totally in love with them… But I enjoy myself better in the latter case so food boredom isn’t such a danger…

I am a tad hungry now. But it will pass in a few hours… I hope. I FEEL I ate a decent amount though so I feel odd.

Oh forgot to say before, yesterday I went below 60% fat!!! It’s SUPER rare but I ate 12 sponge cake muffins and they are egg white heavy…

I miss cream a bit but I shouldn’t drink coffee and what else could I use it for?
I don’t have sour cream either. So I can’t boost my fat and calorie intake with it. Good.

(Judy Thompson) #7

Looked up waterglassing and and read a long article on it. Phenomenal! Thanks for the education :blush:

(Linda ) #8

Had to go pick up my husband up this afternoon from a auto electrical place when we got home he was hungry and smelling his food he was cooking (ground beef ) made me hungry so I had my meal like 2 hours earlier than I have been so not sure if I’ll eat again or not…
Todays food was the last of the lamb shoulder chops got flanken ribs thawing and a bottom round/ rump roast in the oven cooking it should be ready tomorrow.

(Daisy) #9

I’m alive :joy:. I ended my lion diet early and have been enjoying yogurt. I’ve also been eating copious amounts of brisket. Meal one was a little bit of raw steak and some air fried brisket. Meal two was more brisket. Dessert was goat milk yogurt. Hope you all are doing well!
image image image image

(Robin) #10

I want details on your air fried brisket!!! I am loving my new air fryer and brisket is my favorite meat. Would you mind telling me time, temp and how big it was , etc? Did you chop it up first? I am drooling over here in Kansas!

(Daisy) #11

It was a huge 13 pound brisket that I had gotten on manager special last week. I put it in the smoker first for several hours (maybe 8 total? at 225). It wasn’t tender though and very very fatty. So I’ve been taking slices off, cutting them into chunks, then air frying them in my ninja foodi grill at 450 for about 7 minutes. Absolutely delicious!

(Robin) #12

Ohhh. Smoked first. drat! But I think I will experiment with cubing it and then air frying it. Thanks!

@SecondBreakfast
I feel ya on the masks :clown_face: kid’s school bus just dropped the mask on the bus the other day. Hope your work does ok for ya but you are a pharmacy right? they could really keep it in place longer just cause of your work environment. would resigning be a really good thing and you are off the hook on a job ya kinda don’t need, or do you then have to go find another? with the farm I know you could fill your time in a day up in a flash :wink:

Sorry about your MIL…thankfully it was mild, with treatment wishing her the best!

@Ketodaisy
happy you are alive, was so close to sending you a fast message LOL
and you put up fab pics on the board to start!

-----------------defrosting NY Strips. I got so many, yes I have to eat some too. knock down my freezer load a bit. eyeing my ribeyes I got but they are new freeze, I truly need to tackle some older freezes first.

the store said they got on sale some bagged snow crab legs. hmmm…says 25% off bagged price. Gonna go check out. Bet they are gonna still be high and we will see if they even have what they advertised? I SO MISS my snow crab legs in my zc life truly. I always had access to reasonable priced so I would include them and a lobster every now and then and it made me so darn happy…but with prices skyrocketing and transportation interrupted etc…so off to store later to see??

My goal for March is CHILL out on zc. I ain’t tackling any regimen or anything as losing my mom still is sitting raw, but I am on the mend slowly, but I also don’t wanna take on any changes. Just eat zc. My best way as usual and let March just wash over me. Mom’s bday is March 16. Coming on me sooner than later.

So I will March thru March in easy carnivore style!

(Judy Thompson) #14

I love the immense range of choice on carnivore. Glad it’s easy to just kick back and not stress this month while grief is still so heavy for you.

I read an article last week by a journalist who tried carnivore. Went from SAD to beef, salt, and water, immediate explosive D, no enjoyable food and he quit after 5 days. His nutritionist said, well you lose weight on chemo too, that shouldn’t be what sways you. 5 days!! He did not research it well.

Lastnight I had some gouda cheese and deer sausage from a hunter-neighbor. It tasted great and sat fairly well most of the night.
Immodium is our friend.

(Karen) #15

Not too bad a night last night albeit I didn’t go to sleep till late , probs after midnight as I had so many lovely messages on FB from everyone at CrossFit. I got up this morning and did my stair runs and then at the 11th hour decided to go to CF even knowing it was a killer of a workout with everything I don’t like lol … lots of barbell work but I am glad I went.

Got home and reheated another plate of Chicken wings as per yesterday. I think just ending up with those yesterday really showed on the strength work today. Definitely did not feel strong. So I have just had a beef steak (not sure what sort as it was just a cheap ‘beef steak’ from lidl) it was big and I have got to say had a great taste and was tender. Dont have to pay the earth , I really thought it wouldn’t be as good as it was. Also had a pork loin chop and that too was very tasty and tender. Yum.

Started paperwork at work for ill health retirement. I have an OH appt on 21st this month to start the ball rolling. I will either get it or not get it and I am leaving it in the laps of the gods. Not going to get stressed or upset if i dont as I have only 16 months left. It is very frustrating that I feel so fit but i get completely wiped out so quickly. I have to have frequent breaks from the work I am doing currently in the prison and if people are getting a bit loud and distracting me I have to just take myself away from it all. It omoletely frazzles my head! I still get so wbberly at times. Tell me how can i do upside down wall walks and not lose my balance (at least not too much lol) but I can stand talking to someone and topple forward? When I am fatigued I end up bouncing off the walls!

I don’t know … the body is just a mystery really x

(Robin) #16

That’s a good attitude to have about early retirement!

(Linda ) #17

Ended up with 2 meals yesterday a smaller one of two flanken ribs got on the scale this morning and another pound Gone almost at 8 pounds down now my watch is moving further down my arm got flanken ribs in the fridge waiting Tobe cooked.
@Ketodaisy good to see you back posting again.
@Karen18 yeah don’t stress the stuff you can’t control you have made amazing progress in such a short time so much for you to be proud of so focuss on the good things happening for you.
@fangs yep no point pushing yourself its early days yet especially with your mothers birthday approaching.

For me im going to just keep doing as I am if it’s one meal or two I don’t mind its prob best if I can do a bit of both to keep the body guessing summer is fastly approaching so lots to look forward to weather wise…

I cooked 4 but I could only eat 3

(Karen) #18

Well done on that weight loss. You will need to buy a new strap for your watch and then watch that get too loose lol

IDK why I track… My day was simple so easy to do it but I ate 3 times (in a… 2.5 hour eating window, I guess) so it was over my energy need again… Sigh. Why am I not super satiated at 4pm? It’s waaaaay too early to start to eat for me, I end up with a ton of food (well for my energy need, I personally feel I eat very little).
I have these phases. Tiny meals but too many, big meals and too many, big OMAD and chill and fine, few tiny meals and it’s fine… As I had low-meat times, I like my food, I just can’t keep it LITTLE without OMAD. And I often feel like eating multiple times but it doesn’t feel sooo natural, not eating bothers me but when I do eat, it doesn’t last long and I get hungry in 1 hour… I dislike that, feels bad and not good anyway. I should just avoid eating until 6pm or something, once and then it goes okay for a few days… But I would like it to never fall apart…
Oh sorry, personal problems, I am super bad at controlling my timing or anything. But I started eating meatier again (not so much, still way below 1 pound a day but just because my food got ready so late and I am in love with my egg dishes) so I expect things getting better for a while.

Today I had scrambled eggs with sausage, sponge cake with sausage and pork shoulder roast. And other tiny things but my day was moderately simple. Sponge cakes with salmon spread too. Okay, it could have been simpler but my meat wasn’t ready at my first 2 meals… I had better pork roasts but it’s not bad, I liked it better cold. Not salty enough, yep, nowadays I need to salt my food much more, I still blame the lower amount of processed stuff, my body still likes the usual amount of sodium intake.

(Shannon) #20

My main goal is to cut out dairy (again) and cut out more supplements. I know you’re supposed to cut them out before going carnivore, but I was on a ton for so many years that I’m scared to stop them all at once. So I’m just stopping them slowly.