Carnivores March into March :)

zerocarb

(Judy Thompson) #322

:rofl: Oops responding to @Redrobins’ comment. Hilarious!
@Ketodaisy WOW!

(Judy Thompson) #323

The instant karma with this woe blows my mind! But I’m afraid to use things not on my level of carnivore - I am reading that some people use BBQ sauce, which I’d kill for but no. That ice tea I drank last week gave me an instant nauseous stomach ache. Something so innocent!

(Robin) #324

I just got home from a fundraiser with snacks. The best kind. Almost a given that they’ll have a charcuterie board…yep- and a good one. So I mostly ate the meat… slices of salami and sausage. But I popped a couple of olives and had a heaping TBS of white bean hummus. So… revisited keto land, instead of my carnivore home.

Within half an hour, I had a headache. That has happened every time I add carbs that are off my menu. Even a little bit. It’s an excellent teacher.

But the crazy thing is all my years of eating crap, I was never one to get headaches. Now they are my body’s preferred warning signal when I veer out of my lane.

(Linda ) #325

Inflation will hit us all unfortunately but no matter what happens my meat will be part of my diet no way I could go back to sad yep ill eat chicken and up the fat content if it comes to that with a cheese cream sauce but I will stock upon sale meats even if I have to buy another freezer…
My health has to come first and so that means meat for both me and my husband although lately he is eating more keto than carnivore …

Meat today was steak ,sausage ,bacon and pmsf bread and butter…

wonderful posts to read on the board!

and KDs wonderful pics – I missed seeing all those beauty pics :slight_smile:

love it @FrankoBear…All Animal April, perfect!
I am thrilled reading you are having baggy pants again and I am so sad reading about your city work and all it entails. My gosh when ya think someone’s day is what you wrote, it is just that grind of crazy in the work place anyway, add in covid bs and whammo, just ain’t right :frowning:

yea your immune system is ramping up now! Carnivore strong! You do sound in great form tho FB! Rock on!!

@Azi
same sentiment for me. prices are rough, not a doubt. Like you I am shopping all sales I can and thank goodness for a freezer but if I have to live on chicken and bacon, so be it! But right now still finding some decent sales and keeping fingers crossed over it all…but yea, my money on health trumps anything else and I ain’t giving it up either!

------------------we got nice sun today. finally.
have some small errands to do and finish usual chores around here.
fast run to grocery for a few things, always eagle eye the meat dept :slight_smile:
other than that just feeling good, rolling along, allergies aren’t murdering me just that to the utlimate but coming at me strong, everything is starting to get covered in thick yellow pollen…ugh. eh, will live thru it all as usual :slight_smile:

Big Tbone steak for first food
got burger, some chicken tender strips to cook or bacon for later.

me brain is thinking pork country ribs. will check prices but ya know what…price isn’t my issue on these lately, THE stores are cutting off SO much fat from them they suck. So dry ya know that I am finding these packs I am buying now are just not enjoyable. I am SO over buying SO no fat meat pork rib packs :frowning: ugh I am not enjoying these fat trimmed meats. I got the land, I might just get another hog and another angus and stick them in the pastures…why not? been thinking about it, hell I raised 1000s of them over the years :slight_smile: but I wanna travel alot…well, thinking on it all. who knows what I might do but only buying meats that suit me. so over the super trimmed meat packs.

ok just ranting a bit HA

ZC on strong all, into All Animal April we will go!

(Karen) #327

Quite a good night sleep last night. And woke naturally around 7am. Popped to loo and back to bed and snoozed for another hour. Was up a few times through the night but managed to get back to sleep okay. Stair runs done and just a restful day.lovely and warm in fact I have just come in doors for a bit till the sun moves round to give me a biy if shade. Cant wait for my son in law to help me with getting the parasol fixed to the wall …May be next autumn at this rate lol. I don’t like to pester and I know they lead full lives. I did put the metal wall art up on the shed though and it looks super duper even if I do say so myself. Pic is very hazy as the sun is still quite high in the sky and it actually looks nicer than in the picture.

I had brunch about midday of the leftover turkey thigh 8 made when I got home last night. Just re heated in the microwave and still very tasty. I will definitely buy some more of that. Also put some bacon in oven but left 8t in too long again and it ended up a bit cremated. Prefer it nit quite so over done lol … Next time I will put a timer on. I made about 250g and ate it all. Very crispy.

May just have some eggs for dinner. Cant decide perhaps I should get a small steak out the freezer as well​:thinking::thinking::thinking:

@Karen18
oh that is pretty that colorful wall tree art :slight_smile:

yea you need vertical on those tall long walls for a breakup of that length.

yea it is ok to pester them BECAUSE they are younger HAHA
youngers got the energy to be pestered by us olders LOL

Any news on that early retirement issue you posted paperwork for at all yet?

fast grocery trip

baby score.

had Tbone steaks on sale for 5.99/lb which is—for some reason—incredibly low so I grabbed the only 4 family packs they had…in freezer. But that low of a price I am going back to another store tomorrow and hit them up. If I don’t buy while the buying is low…ya’ll get that LOL

Listened to Dr. William Davis on two podcasts, he’s got a new gut health book to sell, and he is poo pooing :joy: the longer term carnivore diet as destructive to gut health. Pretty much saying keto and carnivore are both short term therapeutic diets before returning to a non-processed foods ‘balanced’ diet.

It reminds me to write about my poo test findings. I’ve been (fallible) carnivore longer than 6 months. When did we start with Cheryl’s Challenge? It may have been November 2020? That was my change over from keto to carnivore. I haven’t been perfect, and maybe that’s a good thing?

well I looked him up and IT IS ALL ABOUT POOP ISN’T IT?’ and NO it is not LOL Our life and health is never about 1 thing, won’t ever be that, even though we all would hope it would be that simple, but our poop ain’t that simple ever is it in full context :crazy_face:

what comes out is what goes in.
what goes in can wreck us or destroy us in entire body physciology from the insulin it gives, or allergy reactions and can easily become gut issues from the above so…

Key being FB, you look for issues on what could be wrong down the road you will find them out there ya know. At some point focus ON YOU and your personal health vs. listening to too many ‘issues that are micro managed’ and might not ever suit ya…NOW NEVER not saying live and learn here, but don’t be ‘swayed’ unnecessarily…cause that is what this lifestyle gave me. Peace of mind to not go there and believe me I went there with it all on the ‘experts spouting’ into micro managing something in life I can’t micro manage. I can’t micro manage every single cell in my body but I can send it ALL the best eating lifestyle for it do it on its own and heal.

just a chat. always chat on this stuff cause I was so into ‘what ifs or this new info or what about’ til I realized my ZC lifestyle will never ‘fit the norm’ out there in a lc world, a keto world, a dieting world…so…take everything with a grain of salt and don’t change something that ain’t broke on a podcast ya hear :slight_smile: I did that a few times, much to the worse it could be for me to do that…ugh…

Now I do me. My body, my issues and IF I got a ZC issue in any way I hit up ZC people who been there, felt it, experienced it and fixed it and then use that info to suit me ya know…cause I ain’t ‘them out there anymore dieting’ or ‘fixing 1 thing’ that can’t be fixed in a micro managed way to suit an over all human body thru a gazillion daily processes it must preform.

again just a chat on it all…I had to fine me on ZC and not question too much past that into other entire eating plans and changes other ‘think’ might be my worse nightmare or my best way forward. I decide that thru my own poop and get zc info if I require help on it ya know.

yes poop shows truths on gut and more. Not a doubt there, but if our poop is great, our guts are better, our bodies are responding to long term zc and healing and we feel best…does that one bit of info you read saying short term therapeutic diets are destructive to ones health, when in fact, WE ARE LONG term and doing fab? again apples to oranges.

in short term change ALL eating plan changes effect guts and way more. Yes it can be destructive TIL IT heals to a natural basic lifestyle, yes I see short term science results showing bad changes but if one is consistent and keeps moving forward, that is ALL gonzo :slight_smile: so…short sighted short term change science studies are useless, don’t put faith in any of that.

NOW THAT IS my personal view, I know others will vary wildly on my personal view :sunny: but if ya keep looking for trouble in some diff. realm of your life reality on this plan as it suits you, you can then get in our own way of what ‘suits you and how well you are’ doing ya know.

There became a point in my life where I did not have ‘to be that ever grasping dieting person’ which I was before. ZC gave me an out of that and when I realized it finally, I jumped on board and started giving all my ‘extra time’ from my ‘how to diet and science behind it’ crap to learn and put it towards listening to great music I loved, listening to info from hobbies I loved, or gearing at ANY OTHER damn thing then mirco managing my entire human body from ‘so called expert micro managing’ sciences I thought I need thru my obession…yes this was ME LOL but I tell ya, once I could ‘live my life off dieting info’ I have to say, life has become very great to me now. My time is spent off ‘diet/science/micro manage info crap’ to stuff I wanna know and enhances my personal life and well being ya know…I am not sure if I am getting that across in the right words here, lol, but I changed so much from my old ways to what life is now on carnivore and somehow I need to chat that out for others to figure out? I don’t know :wink:

sometimes over learning and obsessive on the tinest issues can wreck us or change us off the best path forward.

Time on plan. Shows us personally all in truth we need to know in a way :ok_hand:

(Karen) #332

I have had the OH appt that starts it off. I have an ‘official’ appt with my line manager on mon … only official on paper lol just to run through what happens next. No idea if I will get it or not but not going to worry about it, it will either happen or it won’t lol. Then all the paperwork goes to HR management somewhere and they decide i think. I believe my #1 Gov has some say in the matter too :thinking::thinking::roll_eyes:

Yeah the wall art it’s pretty its in different metallic including rose gold and sits well on the shed wall. I have popped up a little hanging shelf ( its supposed to be for the bathroom but looks fine outside) and put some little kiddies garden tools, a pair of kiddies ladybird wellies and a couple of small plants in it lol… I am definitely getting as daft as my mum. I thinks it looks cute and that is all that matters.

I will keep pestering … I need some shade in this garden I have to turn my back to the sun if I don’t want it in my eyes!

Took a walk to Lidl with my trolley (just in case I buy too much hahaha … as if :thinking:) picked up some pork ribs so may have them for tea as well as the small steak!

(Karen) #333

So for dinner I have eaten the small sirloin and as you will see by the photo, apart from forgetting to take the pic before eating the majority of it, one can see how thin the steak is. That being said it tasted really lovely as I only just showed it the pan and it was at room temp before before frying it. I ate that while the pork ribs were in the oven cooking. They were delish too, very very tender like pulled pork.

The topping was just a mix of salt and chillis as that was what the description was on the box … and my lips are still hot hot hot lol. The ribs were described ‘for two’ but I could have eaten 2 lol good job the other one wasn’t in the oven cooking at same time… I would have eaten it whether I was hungry or not lol. I will enjoy the other one tomorrow after I return home from work.

(Judy Thompson) #334

We didn’t go to the doc either. We had it last summer when it was delta variant. There is no real need for an up your nose positive test - if you have covid it’s unmistakable.
My car was dead and I don’t drive the big utility van, and he wasn’t up to leaving the house (was probably not well enough to drive). So we quarantined for 6 weeks. I kept working from home, teaching online the entire time, but we couldn’t eat. We got to where we could eat an egg apiece per day and other than that we just slept most of the time. No taste or smell.

Everybody we know here in Texas has had covid. Most people were over it in days. Nobody died. It’s an endemic now. Every new variant is weaker than the one before. Being healthy is the best defense.

(Judy Thompson) #335

@Fangs I liked your idea of the meatloaf so I made one yesterday. Nice to have ready for anytime. Tonight I melted some cheddar on top of a couple of pieces of it and it hit the spot!

Did the final grocery shopping for the cross country trip next week. It’s not too hard to get meat at truck stops, I usually get a couple hot dogs and throw out the buns. I’m making scotch eggs from a carnivore cookbook. Peeling soft boiled eggs is not for the faint of heart but read an article after decimating one, and now I’m an expert, lol.
We went to the brewery today and I had my mineral water and wings.
Tomorrow is a busy day with students in the morning, then straight out for a gig in the hot Texas sun. The scotch eggs will be good for that! I can air fry them and throw them in the heated lunch box for whenever.
It could get to 88° tomorrow - that’s 31C, 3 hours and no shade except from our hats!
I look forward to more weight loss so I can wear less clothing in this climate.
Tomorrow I’m drinking water!

yea the meatloaf is so simple but a few eggs in a lb of meat ‘makes it taste diff’ in texture and gives me a loaf to cut from and easy peasy fast cook instead of standing at stove frying burgers. I can go a lb. or I can make a 5 lb’er. And for me I find it reheats very well cause I enjoy it warmer instead of cold from the leftovers.

---------------ate a bit strange yesterday cause I started my day with 1/2 lb. of bacon. Yes it slowed me down alot. Couldn’t get to the Tbone which I must eat today and cook.

so today is Tbone first, got chicken and burger and bacon.

seems that is my zc life mostly. again for some reason I am finding the pork not a draw. I was all ribs and chops there for a bit but now, pork isn’t drawing me and one reason I think is how much fat they trim from the packs that are available around me. eh, whatever, if I see a super fatty pack of pork I will buy, if not just keep doing what I do :slight_smile:

I lost 2 lbs on the scale. Wow…wasn’t even thinking about losing any lbs…hadn’t been on the scale for a while thru all the momma drama and life just slapping me around and all but this morning I felt ‘that lighter’ feeling and thought, hmmm, I probably gained LOL but when I got on I am down 2.

take it!

just chillin’ best I can thru life and enjoying it a tad more now and waiting on super hot weather to come and swim and soak up the rays. ZC’ing on strong!

(Michael) #337

I have been busy but lurking in the background. Here is my breakfast two days ago

Got 6 hearts unfrozen so the last two days have been busy cutting them up into steaks. I cut the fat off and give all the heartstrings and skin to my dog, toss the fat (I add other fats back into meals), each heart takes 30-45 minutes to cut up into 4 to 6 steak sized pieces at around 8 oz each.

My current thinking is that carnivore poo is different to omnivore poo, which is different to junk-foodivore poo.

I wonder if I will find that poo is contextualised into dietary way-of-eating. The ‘normals’ being connected to the primary way-of-eating? In that saying that a carnivore poo should not be considered abnormal if measured against the normals of a more plant-based, or processed food diet. If a carnivore’s poo looks, feels, and (lacks) odour, such that there are no clinical signs of disease, then that should be the foundation to further investigation, or not. But, if a person has chronic diarrhoea or constipation after completing an initial adjustment time period with a diet change, then that probably needs investigation.

So, my poo test probably puts me in with the “curious-well”, people not unwell but seeking even more optimal health. We are generally well, but we are curious about our n=1 biology.

The poo test itself is interesting as it samples what is passing through the middle of the tubular intestine, the resulting manure. The key here is that the real health focus is probably focussed at the gut lining. There is the possibility that there will be variations in the population of gut biota on the lining as compared to mid-stream, so to speak. It suggests that a mucosal (lining) scraping or biopsy, may be more diagnostic. I worked with a veterinary clinician who was skilled and successful in treating large bowel diarrhoea in patients because the used a colon swabbing technique to collect samples rather than serial poo samples.
So, maybe we should take our poo sample results with these caveats in-mind.

I’ll stop there for the moment because I want to review a “poop cast” episode from a low carb podcast from a few year’s back.

@FrankoBear
:partying_face::partying_face::weary::unicorn:

OMG we are going poop crazy here but I get ya now.

Poop is important for showing us alot. Not a doubt about that.

Take a wolf. Eats a rabbit. Hair and bone come out in poop. Natural life. Wolf in captivity eating farm raised rabbit meat plus vits/mins added, we see no hair or bone in that poop. Way diff. poop.

Can these be evaluated against each other in the body for what it did to all functions? Can it be evaluted against what came out in the poop after being tested and know WHY they were different? hmm…

Of course what we are fed will either take vits/mins etc out of our systems and crap it out in that solid form too vs. if we eat this or that food our poop will not show any extra vits/mins being dumped cause our bodies use then from our eating lifestyle and it means we don’t have the same issue as other eating xyz in their day

and then we got who are ya? medical issues and prescrip meds and supps people suck down and and and, in the end we don’t know what anyone is supp’ing down in their daily lives thru food or what crap they add to drinks and more

SO YOUR personal poop is all that matters ya know :slight_smile:

Your poop and bathroom schedule will change til you are who you are meant to be on expelling what you took in from food and drink. But that time changes as we hold our eating lifestyle and heal guts and more and that again, is all about change with time and change in eating a bit and whatever else we are doing.

You can’t put a carnivore poop against a regular ol’ lc eating poop person. You can’t put a zc poop against a Keto Plan eating person.

Way way way too much what ifs in variation to even pretend we can apple to apple this info.

Your gut flora on zc will not ever be the gut flora of any other eater. Nope.

Your bathroom will change with you along on zc as yrs of this eating lifestyle are lived til you ‘become you and done’

I am done. I would say year 3 I learned all I needed. That any type of ‘gravy from meat fat’ etc caused me the runs. Any type of ‘too many spice’ inhaled like eating taco or chili spice gave me more constipated feeling til it crapped out a few days later to mushy.

On regular old carnivore I am 1 daily small poop per day.
Perfect, in and out of bathroom in a flash. I can rely on this now like clockwork and one of the biggest health factors I feel I gained now and I feel I don’t ever wanna give up LOL

It has to be apples to apples. Guessing is useless on anything about poop cause it is all about an individual, on what meds, eating what, drinking who knows what, taking supps and more, '‘trying to tweak’ their menu thru forced fasting, then over feasting and wrecking hormones thru use of dieting and more…so way too much play in there to think our zc poop will match ‘what experts’ out there say. It won’t in that each of us are so diff. on zc as it effects us, that we can’t pretend any real info will show us any real science here.

BUT THAT ALL being said against you wondering what your ‘ZC POOP’ is all about?

lol

found this: Bowel movements (sometimes called BMs for short) are your body’s way of getting rid of waste that doesn’t have any use in the body. While it may not look like it, poop is about three-fourths water. The remainder is a collection of materials that includes:

• bacteria
  • fats
  • fiber (undigested foods, including nuts and seeds)
  • food wastes
  • mucus
  • salts

Another poop component is bilirubin, a brownish-red substance that’s the result of a breakdown of wastes from the liver and bone marrow. Bilirubin is what gives poop its usual brown color.

3/4 water? WOW no wonder I drink so much in my day and shows why we need water on a ketogenic menu.

Plus remember the one thing is I googled ‘human normal bowel movements’ as in looking for some ‘set real science’ and ALL ya hit is ‘depends on variables’ and there IS NO REAL solid science about poop. Darn what ya eat and who ya are is the only way poop can be examined down to that level of any science truth and that can’t be truly done so?

now I am finding poop more fascinating LOL

(Karen) #340

Had another too bad sleep last night although 8 was tossing and turning a bit and tossing the covers off then pulling them back over. Restless but i got some sleep before I was awake before the alarm and got up a good 25mins before it was meant to go off at 4.45am. That said i was at work by 6.45 and worked through lunch so on my way home again at 3pm. Busy roads and glad to get home and sitting outside in the pretty garden. Pottered, watered and deadheaded then ate dinner. I had chicken heated in butter about 11.45am and dinner was baked bacon and the se one packet of pork ribs. Which were every bit as nice as yesterday’s. No pics cos it was all the same barring the bacon wasn’t cremated. I have some more bacon in the oven as I am not ready yo stop eating yet. Its 5pm and I will be in bed by 7pm. Our clocks spring forward by one hour tonight. First time its caught me 9n a weekend at work for about 4 years… I have been very fortunate but not this weekend just because it is my first weekend on since my blip and back to normal long hours. Think I am going to feel it tomorrow so I hope I manage to sleep okay. Will take another couple of herbal sleep tabs just in case. Back up at 4.45 which in effect is going to be 3.45 :unamused::tired_face::sleeping::sleeping: not sure I will manage a long shift tomorrow. :thinking:

(Michael) #341

Just finished last heart, thought I would post the cut up of the last one.

One pot for fat that I toss, one pot of scraps for the 115 pound puppy. I think he is so massively big and strong thanks to our diet of mostly protein and fat, where he gets all my scraps and the occasional high quality piece that I share.