Carnivores March into March :)

zerocarb

(Karen) #333

So for dinner I have eaten the small sirloin and as you will see by the photo, apart from forgetting to take the pic before eating the majority of it, one can see how thin the steak is. That being said it tasted really lovely as I only just showed it the pan and it was at room temp before before frying it. I ate that while the pork ribs were in the oven cooking. They were delish too, very very tender like pulled pork.

The topping was just a mix of salt and chillis as that was what the description was on the box … and my lips are still hot hot hot lol. The ribs were described ‘for two’ but I could have eaten 2 lol good job the other one wasn’t in the oven cooking at same time… I would have eaten it whether I was hungry or not lol. I will enjoy the other one tomorrow after I return home from work.

(Judy Thompson) #334

We didn’t go to the doc either. We had it last summer when it was delta variant. There is no real need for an up your nose positive test - if you have covid it’s unmistakable.
My car was dead and I don’t drive the big utility van, and he wasn’t up to leaving the house (was probably not well enough to drive). So we quarantined for 6 weeks. I kept working from home, teaching online the entire time, but we couldn’t eat. We got to where we could eat an egg apiece per day and other than that we just slept most of the time. No taste or smell.

Everybody we know here in Texas has had covid. Most people were over it in days. Nobody died. It’s an endemic now. Every new variant is weaker than the one before. Being healthy is the best defense.

(Judy Thompson) #335

@Fangs I liked your idea of the meatloaf so I made one yesterday. Nice to have ready for anytime. Tonight I melted some cheddar on top of a couple of pieces of it and it hit the spot!

Did the final grocery shopping for the cross country trip next week. It’s not too hard to get meat at truck stops, I usually get a couple hot dogs and throw out the buns. I’m making scotch eggs from a carnivore cookbook. Peeling soft boiled eggs is not for the faint of heart but read an article after decimating one, and now I’m an expert, lol.
We went to the brewery today and I had my mineral water and wings.
Tomorrow is a busy day with students in the morning, then straight out for a gig in the hot Texas sun. The scotch eggs will be good for that! I can air fry them and throw them in the heated lunch box for whenever.
It could get to 88° tomorrow - that’s 31C, 3 hours and no shade except from our hats!
I look forward to more weight loss so I can wear less clothing in this climate.
Tomorrow I’m drinking water!

yea the meatloaf is so simple but a few eggs in a lb of meat ‘makes it taste diff’ in texture and gives me a loaf to cut from and easy peasy fast cook instead of standing at stove frying burgers. I can go a lb. or I can make a 5 lb’er. And for me I find it reheats very well cause I enjoy it warmer instead of cold from the leftovers.

---------------ate a bit strange yesterday cause I started my day with 1/2 lb. of bacon. Yes it slowed me down alot. Couldn’t get to the Tbone which I must eat today and cook.

so today is Tbone first, got chicken and burger and bacon.

seems that is my zc life mostly. again for some reason I am finding the pork not a draw. I was all ribs and chops there for a bit but now, pork isn’t drawing me and one reason I think is how much fat they trim from the packs that are available around me. eh, whatever, if I see a super fatty pack of pork I will buy, if not just keep doing what I do :slight_smile:

I lost 2 lbs on the scale. Wow…wasn’t even thinking about losing any lbs…hadn’t been on the scale for a while thru all the momma drama and life just slapping me around and all but this morning I felt ‘that lighter’ feeling and thought, hmmm, I probably gained LOL but when I got on I am down 2.

take it!

just chillin’ best I can thru life and enjoying it a tad more now and waiting on super hot weather to come and swim and soak up the rays. ZC’ing on strong!

(Michael) #337

I have been busy but lurking in the background. Here is my breakfast two days ago

Got 6 hearts unfrozen so the last two days have been busy cutting them up into steaks. I cut the fat off and give all the heartstrings and skin to my dog, toss the fat (I add other fats back into meals), each heart takes 30-45 minutes to cut up into 4 to 6 steak sized pieces at around 8 oz each.

My current thinking is that carnivore poo is different to omnivore poo, which is different to junk-foodivore poo.

I wonder if I will find that poo is contextualised into dietary way-of-eating. The ‘normals’ being connected to the primary way-of-eating? In that saying that a carnivore poo should not be considered abnormal if measured against the normals of a more plant-based, or processed food diet. If a carnivore’s poo looks, feels, and (lacks) odour, such that there are no clinical signs of disease, then that should be the foundation to further investigation, or not. But, if a person has chronic diarrhoea or constipation after completing an initial adjustment time period with a diet change, then that probably needs investigation.

So, my poo test probably puts me in with the “curious-well”, people not unwell but seeking even more optimal health. We are generally well, but we are curious about our n=1 biology.

The poo test itself is interesting as it samples what is passing through the middle of the tubular intestine, the resulting manure. The key here is that the real health focus is probably focussed at the gut lining. There is the possibility that there will be variations in the population of gut biota on the lining as compared to mid-stream, so to speak. It suggests that a mucosal (lining) scraping or biopsy, may be more diagnostic. I worked with a veterinary clinician who was skilled and successful in treating large bowel diarrhoea in patients because the used a colon swabbing technique to collect samples rather than serial poo samples.
So, maybe we should take our poo sample results with these caveats in-mind.

I’ll stop there for the moment because I want to review a “poop cast” episode from a low carb podcast from a few year’s back.

@FrankoBear
:partying_face::partying_face::weary::unicorn:

OMG we are going poop crazy here but I get ya now.

Poop is important for showing us alot. Not a doubt about that.

Take a wolf. Eats a rabbit. Hair and bone come out in poop. Natural life. Wolf in captivity eating farm raised rabbit meat plus vits/mins added, we see no hair or bone in that poop. Way diff. poop.

Can these be evaluated against each other in the body for what it did to all functions? Can it be evaluted against what came out in the poop after being tested and know WHY they were different? hmm…

Of course what we are fed will either take vits/mins etc out of our systems and crap it out in that solid form too vs. if we eat this or that food our poop will not show any extra vits/mins being dumped cause our bodies use then from our eating lifestyle and it means we don’t have the same issue as other eating xyz in their day

and then we got who are ya? medical issues and prescrip meds and supps people suck down and and and, in the end we don’t know what anyone is supp’ing down in their daily lives thru food or what crap they add to drinks and more

SO YOUR personal poop is all that matters ya know :slight_smile:

Your poop and bathroom schedule will change til you are who you are meant to be on expelling what you took in from food and drink. But that time changes as we hold our eating lifestyle and heal guts and more and that again, is all about change with time and change in eating a bit and whatever else we are doing.

You can’t put a carnivore poop against a regular ol’ lc eating poop person. You can’t put a zc poop against a Keto Plan eating person.

Way way way too much what ifs in variation to even pretend we can apple to apple this info.

Your gut flora on zc will not ever be the gut flora of any other eater. Nope.

Your bathroom will change with you along on zc as yrs of this eating lifestyle are lived til you ‘become you and done’

I am done. I would say year 3 I learned all I needed. That any type of ‘gravy from meat fat’ etc caused me the runs. Any type of ‘too many spice’ inhaled like eating taco or chili spice gave me more constipated feeling til it crapped out a few days later to mushy.

On regular old carnivore I am 1 daily small poop per day.
Perfect, in and out of bathroom in a flash. I can rely on this now like clockwork and one of the biggest health factors I feel I gained now and I feel I don’t ever wanna give up LOL

It has to be apples to apples. Guessing is useless on anything about poop cause it is all about an individual, on what meds, eating what, drinking who knows what, taking supps and more, '‘trying to tweak’ their menu thru forced fasting, then over feasting and wrecking hormones thru use of dieting and more…so way too much play in there to think our zc poop will match ‘what experts’ out there say. It won’t in that each of us are so diff. on zc as it effects us, that we can’t pretend any real info will show us any real science here.

BUT THAT ALL being said against you wondering what your ‘ZC POOP’ is all about?

lol

found this: Bowel movements (sometimes called BMs for short) are your body’s way of getting rid of waste that doesn’t have any use in the body. While it may not look like it, poop is about three-fourths water. The remainder is a collection of materials that includes:

• bacteria
  • fats
  • fiber (undigested foods, including nuts and seeds)
  • food wastes
  • mucus
  • salts

Another poop component is bilirubin, a brownish-red substance that’s the result of a breakdown of wastes from the liver and bone marrow. Bilirubin is what gives poop its usual brown color.

3/4 water? WOW no wonder I drink so much in my day and shows why we need water on a ketogenic menu.

Plus remember the one thing is I googled ‘human normal bowel movements’ as in looking for some ‘set real science’ and ALL ya hit is ‘depends on variables’ and there IS NO REAL solid science about poop. Darn what ya eat and who ya are is the only way poop can be examined down to that level of any science truth and that can’t be truly done so?

now I am finding poop more fascinating LOL

(Karen) #340

Had another too bad sleep last night although 8 was tossing and turning a bit and tossing the covers off then pulling them back over. Restless but i got some sleep before I was awake before the alarm and got up a good 25mins before it was meant to go off at 4.45am. That said i was at work by 6.45 and worked through lunch so on my way home again at 3pm. Busy roads and glad to get home and sitting outside in the pretty garden. Pottered, watered and deadheaded then ate dinner. I had chicken heated in butter about 11.45am and dinner was baked bacon and the se one packet of pork ribs. Which were every bit as nice as yesterday’s. No pics cos it was all the same barring the bacon wasn’t cremated. I have some more bacon in the oven as I am not ready yo stop eating yet. Its 5pm and I will be in bed by 7pm. Our clocks spring forward by one hour tonight. First time its caught me 9n a weekend at work for about 4 years… I have been very fortunate but not this weekend just because it is my first weekend on since my blip and back to normal long hours. Think I am going to feel it tomorrow so I hope I manage to sleep okay. Will take another couple of herbal sleep tabs just in case. Back up at 4.45 which in effect is going to be 3.45 :unamused::tired_face::sleeping::sleeping: not sure I will manage a long shift tomorrow. :thinking:

(Michael) #341

Just finished last heart, thought I would post the cut up of the last one.

One pot for fat that I toss, one pot of scraps for the 115 pound puppy. I think he is so massively big and strong thanks to our diet of mostly protein and fat, where he gets all my scraps and the occasional high quality piece that I share.

(Daisy) #342

meal one was lamb chops and beef ribs. Meal two was just a little bit of steak bites that were leftover from the family’s meal. I’ve been debating whether I want to go back to lion diet or to do BBBE (beef, butter, bacon and eggs). I haven’t fully decided yet, but today was a lion day.

(Linda ) #343

If you do BBBE it gives you the option of the butter bacon and eggs if you want it but you can still eat lion if you choose, i don’t feel like stepped off my path or broken my plan if I eat the others its why I chose it not so restricting…

(Daisy) #344

Have you done lion before also? I’m just trying to figure out if I will lose benefits by doing bbbe that I would be getting in lion…

(Judy Thompson) #345

My massive 8½ lb dog loves heart too! When I get it out she comes running and sits at my feet waiting patiently.
She would rather have the dried beef liver than dried chicken breast so I’ve been dehydrating more liver but she’s not fat adapted to that degree yet! So yesterday, no liver for her. We’ll see how she does this morning.
We shared a leftover boneless beef rib and I saved a bit of it for her snacks. She’s been eating raw most of her 5½ years, this is a departure but it sure beats those nasty Dreambones she’s so addicted to and which aren’t available right now anyway.

@Naghite back during my veg/sproutarian days (70s and really 80s) I read a great deal of poo science as it’s fairly common with that woe to analyze it, and lots of books are available. Wheatgrass and coffee enemas, etc. Much different desire and outcome with that woe.

I made the scotch eggs yesterday morning. One of those is quite a good meal. I ate 2 a couple hours apart and took the other 2 along to the gig but no hunger, they’re now in the fridge, probably 1 for today between the church gig and the other gig and that will hold me most of the day. Church always has a lot of 20220326_090123|375x500 food but none of it is acceptable although I usually have a keurig coffee and then several little bottles of water.

We got home about 4 yesterday and I air fried boneless ribs for dinner.

Thinking I’ll make a batch of the scotch eggs for the 3 day trip. We don’t eat much while traveling so that will probably get me home!

@JJFiddle
how you been in your guts lately? I hope you are improving alot now :slight_smile:

------------fast post
mow and mow and mow and mow and then I have to mow again :sunny:

so that is my day, take a big hit of grass/pollen issues out there today but will drug up a bit.

only thing I got left is some burger meat defrosted. have to hit up freezer for steaks and pork roast defrost. Simple eating day for me but get that feeling the family is gonna wanna eat this or that or try to drag me out to eat somewhere…we shall see LOL

amazes me I have so much meat in the fridge to eat then wake up and boom, it seems to be all gone :wink: need to batch cook a bigger meatloaf, probably tomorrow. good staple to have for me.

enjoy the ZC day all

(Linda ) #347

Most of the time I eat just beef and water sometimes salt but just recently I added back eggs and coffee and butter…
Dairy can mess with me …I don’t think eggs do and if prices keep rising eggs is a good thing to be able to eat as a side which is why I added back pmsf buns…so I could eat burgers

(Daisy) #348

Just a big raw beef roast today. Ate the majority of it!

(Karen) #349

Came home from work yesterday a bit bloated and after having all that bacon and pork I went up to get my early night and boy did I need the loo. My guts hurt last night until I managed to get rid of it on the loo. I didn’t have the big D but softer than normal. Think my gut was hurting from the chilli spice and salt on the pork and the salty bacon. Urghhh. Fortunately when I got into bed, apart from feeling lighter and unplugged my tum had completely settled and I was able to sleep. My neighbours kept the music low and I cannot complain I got a few decent hours in barring a few wee trips through the night. Even with the clock springing forward and losing an hour I got up in fairly good spirits and after stair running and bathing was in work by 6.45 again. Worked straight through and home just after 6pm. I left work just 15 mins shy of my 11 hour shift. If I had done the normal shift hours I would have started at 830am and finished at 9pm with an hour lunch. Lovely and quiet with just me up there so no need for achy ears with wearing my specs and head phones, just had the loud speaker on again as per yesterday. No distractions and a fee breaks to the loo and getting a few brews so all in all not too bad a day. Some would think it was lonely and I might have been one of those before my blip but it was real heaven for me today. Normal distractions tomorrow🙄

Took some cooked chicken with butter to reheat plus 2 hard boiled eggs just to keep me going till I got home then had 3 pork chops and a small bit of corned beef that needed eating, chucked a bit in the bin, tasted too salty. Early night again for me with work again tomorrow.

Oh I arrived home to find my daughter had popped in and left me a lovely mithers day gift of a planter with a collection of different plants already planted.s9 that has gone straight outside. Nice not to have to re pot it.
Happy Mothers day to you all :slightly_smiling_face::hugs:

She also left me a beautiful card with some lovely words written inside which almost got me teary eyed :sob::sob:

I’m not long off the phone to my old mate (we go back to primary school). He’s a successful butcher in the neighbouring town to mine.
I was asking him about alternative cuts and organ meats; telling him about my penchant for lambs’ liver.
Wow. He told me you wouldn’t believe the amount of customers who are asking for things like liver.
He’s too sensitive (and professional) to ask why, but he reckons that these people have a condition and have been advised by someone in the know, to try these foods.
I don’t know…an oncologist with wisdom and a conscience? I would not like to speculate.
He also says a lot of heart, kidneys etc. get reserved by people, frozen, then never claimed. He thinks these people are the likes of Greyhound dog racers, as opposed to better nutrition seekers.
Anyway. The world is as it is.
I’m on my way for trying heart, kidney, as well as my beloved lambs’ liver.

Lovely gift btw.
I printed out a photo of my mum, dad, grandad and Dosser (the golden Labrador) from 1965 (10 years before I was born), which a local retailer was able to translate onto a slate picture. I think she liked it.
Sorry, never took a pic of it…

I’ll get a pic of it.