Carnivore / Zero Carb March 2017

(Genevieve Biggs) #41

Egg. Drop. Soup. :heart::heart::heart:

(Candace) #42

Yes, but I cannot do the all steak challenge. The broth challenge is just having a few cups a day, every day. It isn’t really about sustaining only on broth - truly not much of a challenge, but I think it is more about getting people in the habit. It is something I’m doing from a blog post.

I haven’t tried stirring in egg, that sounds good, like egg drop soup!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #43

@cansel, I’m interested in your broth challenge outcomes. If you’re inclined to share, start a topic on your broth challange as you go or when you finish… or share here, but I believe it deserves it’s own discussion :blush:

(Candace) #44

Ok, I can do that. I did a personal challenge a few years ago, 3 days of nothing but broth - I was off my Prilosec for a good 3 months. Problem was, I introduced a bunch of crap back in and had to start taking it again.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #45

3-days in and I’ve confirmed following my ZC January data that my body loves ZC. I don’t feel inflammation in my hands, joint pain greatly reduce, cravings nill, 3 pounds down, and my lowest BG at 75 mg/dL since starting keto in July… supercalifragilisticexpialidocious :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

(Stephanie Hanson) #47

I started my slightly modified version of zero carb on Mar 1st too. My morning glucose and blood ketonesare improving already. ZC on.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #48

I had a girls night out Saturday with 4 glasses of cab/zin blend… delish, but 4-pounds were packed on Sunday :astonished::triumph::disappointed: and major inflamation in my hands and lower joints. The surprise was my morning BG remained in the 90s, lower than my normal keto BG of the 100-110. I shall KC and ZC keto on :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

(Stephanie Hanson) #49

I lost 4 lbs in the first week of ZC. This morning my loss slowed to 0.2 lb. I’d super happy if it stays at that level for the rest of the month. My morning BG and BK also are the same as yesterday. My GKI is 1.5. I was hoping it would drop further. It’s still early days though.

(AnnaLeeThal) #50

I’m joining tomorrow after I get labs drawn. Doing the steak, water, coffee thing.

(Adam L) #51

One week back on ZC and I am 5kg (11lbs) down, just below the weight I hit at the end of ZC January which is a 20 year low weight. Blood sugars trending back down, ketones going back up, feels good. Very sadly I think dairy is the thing that halts my progress - as I smashed down a fair bit of cream & cheese in Feb!

(Henna Selnes) #52

I just found this thread. Very glad for that. I have been doing the ZC plus very little dairy since the last week of February. Problem I am having, same as last time in January, is I am retaining water. I take all the magnesium, kalium, multi vitamin, plus drink my electrolytes. This the exact same reason I stopped last time. Anyone else have this also. It’s not a large problem,just very sore at times to move.

(Adam L) #53

Sounds uncomfortable, I can’t help sorry I am completely the opposite when ZC, way down on water weight.

If you are sore, could it be inflammation, and not just water retention from electrolytes imbalance?

(Henna Selnes) #55

Befor keto, I had what every person 50 and over would call, arthritis. It hurt to think about moving,ha! Not really arthritis. But after keto,I felt like I was 20 again. I absolutely love ZC way of eating,but not sure I want to wait for the healing to happen. I keep saying one more day,then add another day. I do drink a lot of water and water type drinks. Maybe it is an imbalance…I will have to add up and go over what I am taking. Thanks for the suggestion!

(Arlene) #56

If it were me, I would cut out the added electrolytes altogether and just eat plenty of real salt with your meals. Also, look into adding some iodine drops to your morning water. There’s plenty of information about that subject online.

(Henna Selnes) #57

I was thinking on that also as I was making dinner, and adding smoked salt to the meat. Maybe it’s too much salt plus the extras. I do take a vitamin with the extras in it,magnesium, kalium, iodine, ect. Thank you for the suggestion. Going to give a few days electrolyte free and just vitamins and salt. I shall see what happens. Thank you!

(Arlene) #58

Likely not near enough iodine in that multi. This is an important subject to research.

(Henna Selnes) #59

That I will.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #60

I’ve struggled with ZC this month and I’m back in now! ZC reduces my inflammation so much. I’ve had 2 Saturday girls nights out with red wine, which in themselves weren’t the worst, but the following day each time I gorged on chocolate. I also didn’t plan this well, my Hubby finally dove into keto in February and I’ve eaten small amounts of the foods I’ve been cooking for him too keep his first few weeks tasty. I’ve learned I’m not far enough into keto yet to have killed old habits, but I can make it back :blush:.