Carnivore/Zero Carb January 2017!

(Steve Stephenson) #263

See Jenny Ruhl’s cautionary post about loss of patient control during hospital or nursing home admissions: http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/19712644.php You need to get two letters written BEFORE any admission, one by your doctor ordering your diet and IV types, etc., and one by you stating your instructions have been entered into your medical record and any deviations must be cleared by you and your doctor.

(Steve Stephenson) #264

won’t work. You need a letter from your doctor ordering these. See Carnivore/Zero Carb January 2017!

(Arlene) #265

Hey Becky, Just wondering if you’re still doing zero carb, and are you still having good results with it?

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #266

Hello @farmgirl, yes I am cycling in and out of ZC, and still feel THE BEST when I eat ZC. I did a 3-week run in the end of June/beginning of July in advance of Ketofest, and then all bets were off for the indulgences in keto food :smile: My energy levels have waned since Ketofest and I plan to return to ZC in mid-September… ish after a functional medicine doc appointment . I’m focusing on my hormone levels, potential autoimmune levels, and food reactions. Although I’ve healed a lot in my first year of keto, I can feel and still have sporadic joint inflammation that tells me I have more healing ahead. Although I say “cycle” in and out of ZC, when I’m not eating ZC I consume plant based foods perhaps 3-4 times per week and use coconut and avocado oil freely, my “regular” eating is not too far from ZC. I had a number of vitamin/mineral levels checked a few weeks back and I am well within range for all except vitamin D, which was borderline. Borderline Vit D is a good healing point for me, as I’ve hit that with no supplementation on keto and I previously struggled with a 10+ year vitamin D deficiency.

How are you doing? I love that you render your own lard. I have done some of this, but not enough to store a full year supply!

(Arlene) #267

I’m doing very well. I love both low carb and zero carb myself, so I often go back and forth, depending on my wants. For the most part, I can be flexible eating this way without gaining weight or having sweet cravings. That said, zero carb is totally the best for zero cravings and steady weight loss. The trade off is fewer food options, so that’s why I cycle in and out of zero carb.
I do render lots of lard every year, only because we have 3 hogs butchered annually, and no one else in the family cares enough to bother rendering the fat down. This leaves me with all the fat trimmings from 3 hogs. Makes for a lot of lard that I store on the shelf in sealed mason jars. Besides using it for cooking, I make soap with it. I give some away to family members too. Hopefully I get it used up every year so I can put the next batch on the shelf. Works great that way.

(Holly Easterling) #268

@Rosemarie - just wondering if your under-eye circles cleared up with K or if you had found another resolution. My husband looks like he has two black eyes and is on his third month of keto (though he did have them before, too).

(Brooke ) #269

what about adding in some chicken for K2?

(Gale Dacalio) #270

I like that dirty / dainty carnivore… Hee hee hee

(T) #271

Yes, I went ZC about 8 years ago. It was successful but scary. I didn’t have the science to back it up. I’m ready now to do this as it is my preferred woe. Ha I do have some veges I need to process and freeze today - for next month? I always get carried away on a Costco run. Looking forward to continuing reading your and everyone’s journeys.

(Elizabeth ) #272

Ok so you’re not animal only then, is there a reason for that? Thank

(Kerri Hines) #273

At the time I said that, I was still eating a few bites of broccoli or salad a couple times a week. I actually loved vegetables and it was simply hard to completely quit them.
I’m way past that now.

(Dennis Jacobs) #274

Adam, Been zc since 6/17 with Bc numbers starting 5.8 and second lab 5.7. After my second lab I went with my Dr’s advice to eat whole grains and low BI carbs and fruit. I’m T2D with no meds and have been able to to keep my weight to 220 lbs thru the first two labs (started at 260 lbs). After my third lab eating VERY little carbs and fruit I gained 10lbs and blood lab went to 6.0 BG. So like you I’m not ready to go back to carbs and fruit. Like it where I’m at Thank You./

(Cheyene Burnette) #275

Today is day one for me, and I’m praying I make it to the end of the day with no Stevia.

(Cheyene Burnette) #276

Today is Day 1 on a 30 Day Carnivore Challenge. Trying to completely heal my IBS, something that keto started to heal. Also trying to break my stevia addiction.

For breakfast, I had a leftover chicken leg quarter, & a bacon, egg, and cheese omelet, & an unsweetened coffee with heavy cream, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice. I am not a fan of unsweetened coffee. Gonna try white tea & heavy cream tomorrow. Need my caffeine! Had a cheese stick in between breakfast and lunch. For lunch, I had two tilapia filets fried in real butter, topped with feta cheese & bacon, & ham and cheese wraps. I’ve got hypoglycemia as well, and even on keto, I had my bad days. Gonna check my glucose today & keep checking throughout this month.

Question: Is cream cheese allowed? I’m a newbie to the carnivore diet. #lionessintraining

(Sondra Rose) #277

Yes, cream cheese is fine.

(Cheyene Burnette) #278

Thank you! And, thank goodness, because I love me some cream cheese.