Carnivore weight loss question

(FRANK) #1

Currently doing keto for weight loss. Lost 21.5 lbs over 3 months. But have been reading the carnivore threads and am intrigued. The question to existing carnivores is do you still find it easy to lose weight? I have a lot more weight to lose yet, but I would also like to reap the benefits of carnivore. I have mild psoriasis, and heard some had success curing it with meat. Not to mention more mental clarity and energy wouldn’t hurt either.

But I want to keep the weight loss going. I asked my employees what they wanted for Christmas and they told me they want to see less of me around the office. Thanks in advance for any and all responses and Happy Thanksgiving.

raises hand. I am an existing carnivore :slight_smile: Happy Tday!

few tidbits. Carnivore is not for weight loss plan that is geared on fast track losing…BUT…the big BUT many people lose weight very quickly in the beginning of the plan cause they were carby eaters and drop water weight fast and some weight also.

If coming from keto…losing almost 22 lbs…CONGRATS!!!..you might not lose all that much fast now. You might drop fast a bit of weight but then it could easily slow down for you and be more of a little by little drop…but those drops…they all add up.

Remember to that no 2 people are the same. Some lose very fast and do well, some struggle to lose anything as their body needs more healing time so it is a very personal plan for each of us.

Plus being on zero carb your body composition will change. Leaner and meaner, you could drop a size in clothes wtihout hardly losing any lbs. on the scale. No carbs in the body means you are not a ‘fluffy’ body…zero carb gives a leaner body.

Carnivore works like this…………it heals the inside of the body. Your hormones are balancing out, toxins are being dumped, body is cleansing, inflammation is being cut down, gut internal issues are correcting, body is readjusting back to natural and your body has to heal inside before it can attack the ‘symptom of obesity’ your body is exhibiting.

extra fat on us is a symptom of bad body functions, bad food intake, bad environment maybe like super stress and more…so as the body heals A LOT of carnivores will lose slowly.

Like me right now. I tightened up my carnivore eating and I am losing weight but it is more subtle. It is not a 3 lb. whoosh, those don’t happen usually on carnivore…maybe in the start but not later if on plan a long time. So right now cause I am on plan for years I am watching how I eat a tiny bit and doing super clean carnivore and I am dropping like 1/2 lb. here and there and it all adds up to lbs coming off me but more slow.

Slow lbs gone for me is fine cause I get to eat wonderful every single day. Not track anything. No macro stuff. I never ‘diet in any way’. No worry at all. I wake and eat as much meat and seafood as I want on any day. I eat by my appetite. Some days I eat a lot, some days I eat hardly anything.

That is a big draw for me. I don’t have to ‘work at this plan’ at all. I just eat and the lbs. drop…….not quicker, but they drop without me truly having to do ‘any dieting work’ cause I hate all that mess LOL

I hope some of that answers your question.

Agree with Fangs in that carnivore is not a weight loss diet; it’s a healing diet. Weight loss can and often does happen but some people gain weight especially at first because the body has a lot of healing to do from the abuse of all the crap we’ve been eating for so many years.
If you are going about it with that in mind then perhaps, if you are looking at it as a way to lose weight I would caution against it. You may be disappointed and let’s face it, this is a total lifestyle change, not a diet. Also, if you’re trying to lose weight you may be tempted to tweak or under eat on carnivore - this is a big mistake. You have to eat doing this, sometimes more than you think you should.

Before leaping in take the time to read a few articles written by long term carnivores. Would be glad to pass on links if you’re interested.
Here’s a good starter one that’s a quick read written by a long time carnivore and very awesome lady, Amber O’Hearn. https://nutrita.app/guides/carnivore-diet/

Happy Thanksgiving Frank!