Carnivore quest - should I jump in this pond?

(Polly) #21

This is day 6 of dirty carnivore for me. I am taking the slow and steady approach to cutting things out.

I very rarely touch fruit - the fructose makes me want to graze - and vegetables generally have now joined fruit on the list of things to avoid. I am still ingesting coffee, pepper and other spices, a small amount of garlic and onion, cheese and double cream in addition to fish,beef, pork, lamb, poultry and bacon.

It has been relatively straight forward to transition this far. I may see how this goes for several weeks before cutting anything else. My sore arthritic thumb has settled down again already.

Thank you all for your advice, it was much appreciated.

Polly you are doing great!

some spices, some coffee, hey those are all ok to keep and use as you need. one day comes ya want them gone then do it, you need to keep them in to make this a doable lifestyle long term and ya wanna, then yea, keep them in. All about how you feel and how you want to eat on this plan.

if that is all your ‘dirty’ then you are doing stellar. fruit, wow, I couldn’t handle any fruit now and wouldn’t eat it if ya paid me LOL I was never a big fruit fan but it is funny…I can’t even imagine eating fruit ever again in my life literally. I have 0 draw to it. huh…oh well, off on a thought on that one…lol…hold strong, you are doing great and hope you are feeling good thru it all and detox isn’t nailing ya!!