Carnivore pizza

(James storie) #1

So, since sliding over to the dark side and becoming primarily carnivorous, this has become my favorite pizza. It’s simple!
First: start with parchment paper (this is a must)
Second: CHEESE. I used monterrey jack because it has more fat than most mozzarellas. I just grated 8oz on the pan and spread out to cover.
Then: I had about a half pound of ground beef and a third pound of breakfast sausage that I had sautéed up together to spread out evenly. I then put a little more cheese on top and layered on the pepperoni!
Last: Bake @ 425 for about 20 minutes. After you remove it from the oven, let it cool for a few minutes. As it cools, it will stiffen up and hold like a regular piece of pizza!

This is similar to my go to except I do cheese and eggs for the crust. I do 3/4 provolone, 1/4 cheddar for flavor.

(Judi Campion) #3

That looks incredible!

(Jeremy Storie) #4

:clap::clap::clap::grin:

(KCKO, KCFO) #5

This is a good recipe for a chicken crust, since you are carnivore these days, might want to try it?

There is also a commercial chicken and mozzarella pizza made by

Most have no veggies, but a few do. The plain cheese topped one is great and I add whatever to it. Great to have in the freezer for an emergency pizza night, yeah, that is a THING. :laughing:

(James storie) #6

I’ve tried that! It’s great, but honestly, this is so much easier. I once made a buffalo chicken pizza with a chicken crust.

(James storie) #7

I’ve seen this and will probably try it soon.

(Linda Culbreth) #8

Thank you - and thanks again!

We do mozz & eggs for the crust, then top it with feta, sausage & pesto. It’s a lot of frickin cheese!

(Adam Hagen) #10

I use sausage as my crust, spread out onto my cast iron pan, bake for ~20 minutes to set it. Top with desired toppings and blast it at 500 until the cheese is golden. You can pick it up and eat it like normal pizza. I have a giant cast iron pan that I do 2# of sausage in at a time, 1# italian and 1# spicy mixed together.

Nice! I do the chicken crust pizza on regular basis… but never thought of using MontereyJack – being in California, that’s pretty much our official state cheese!

(James storie) #12

I like it better than mozzarella, it normally has more fat and more flavor than the most of the mozzarella you find in the grocery store

(Jeremy Storie) #13

Couldn’t let @jamestorie out do me! :grin:

(James storie) #14

You sure your up to a chalange? Hahaha!

(Jeremy Storie) #15

Bring it! :joy:

(James storie) #17

That looks great!

It was great, although the topping tended to roll off. I need more cheese on the top layer to make everything stick together!