Carnivore in the wild

(Cathrine Helle) #1

I’ve been on my first business trip after going completely carnivore a little over three months ago. My whole team went (there’s six of us), and they all know I eat differently. I had some concerns before this trip. Even though it was just an overnight trip and I could have fasted, part of the team experience is the dinner and drinks. I’ve not touched alcohol for three months :hushed:

But it went sooo well! The conference day I ordered pork ribs for lunch with no sides. It was very filling and tasty. For dinner they considered my diet and we went to a fancier steakhouse. I had a New York Strip with bearnaise. No other sides. I had about half a glass of red wine, and a gin tonic (not all of it).

The second day I had scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast from the buffet. I’m trying to cut back on eggs, but there really wasn’t a lot to choose from. For lunch I was brave and asked for burger (no bun/salad/sides/dressing), two fried eggs and two slices of bacon. Which I got. It tasted great :slight_smile:

I usually struggle with these situations, as I don’t like to get “special treatment” or to be an inconvenience to others. I would rather just have what everyone else is having, and not say anything. But my team was so supportive, and they all understand my reasons for doing this, which made it so much easier for me to stick to it.

(Karen) #2

You did wonderfully! But since I’m just trying to lose weight my question always is, are you losing weight with zc?

Over time you will get less and less self concious about what others think - and what you need for your health. I used to be terribly preoccupied with it - but the truth is that mostly folks either don’t care, or might give things a bit of a look/comment and then move on. Good on you for staying on track!! Your body thanks you for sure.

Oh well done!

I must admit to being very curious about what will happen on our team Xmas meal. It will be at a burger/steakhouse, so plenty of options. The question is whether any of them will even notice my carnivory. I haven’t mentioned it to them, since i work full time from home, and they haven’t seen me eat in at least a year.:+1:

Haha!

(Cathrine Helle) #5

Yes, I started easing my way into ZC after summer. After a few weeks (6-8) I had omitted all vegetables from my diet. I’ve lost about 5-6 kg (about 12 pounds, I think). Although weight loss is not my main concern, it’s welcome. I’m about 4 kg away from having a BMI in the “normal” range now. We’ll see where I end up, I’m not restricting in any way (other than what I eat).

Thank you @Ajax. I’ve been low carb / keto for eight years prior to this, so I’m kinda used to eating differently. Oddly enough I still find it hard though, especially in settings where we are many. I really do not like to attract attention to what I’m (not) eating, and just having to order somethig special makes me feel uncomfortable. I’m trying very hard to focus on all my health benefits, it seems to be the incentive that makes it easier for me.

I know what you mean - our Christmas party is in two weeks, and I’m already stressing about the food :stuck_out_tongue: However, my dress fits so snug that there’s probably not a lot of room for food anyway :joy: Awesome that your party is at a steak house, that makes things just so much easier. I think ours is a set meny, so for me that means just leaving the majority of the food alone :stuck_out_tongue: