Carnivore get poor mouthed again

(Vic) #21

I have my own blood tests on SAD and also after a few years of carnivore.
While all the bad turned good, my total cholesterol is up from 240 to 280

My heart attack will be so severely that the building i’m in will also collapse.
Nothing will remain but a pile of smoke.

(Kenny Croxdale) #22

Do You Need Vitamin C On The Carnivore Diet?

…meat actually has vitamin C and there are 1000s of people that eat only meat and have had no complications as a result of not supplementing vitamin C.

Basically, when you eat a high carb/high sugar diet your body is absorbing the glucose over the vitamin C. Vitamin C and glucose are in direct competition with each other.

…If your diet has very low sugar in it the vitamin C eaten in meat is adequate.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #23

Moreover, it has been shown that the high insulin levels resulting from a high-carb diet turn on a gene complex that deactivates the body’s endogenous defences against oxidation, which necessitates taking exogenous anti-oxidants, such as vitamin C. Interestingly, it turns out that the ketone body, β-hydroxybutyrate, turns off those genes, once insulin drops enough to permit ketogenesis. This greatly reduces, if not eliminates, the need for exogenous anti-oxidants. The knowledge of the power of fresh meat to prevent scurvy predates the discovery of vitamin C, actually.

yea life back then before ‘experts’ and baseline recommendations and ‘all that jazz’…who knew…well life in the universe knew it HAHA

(Elizabeth ) #25

I’m a few weeks from my three year carniversary And just in time my stores have prime rib roasts for 6 bucks a pound so I’m going to eat ribeyes everyday till my anniversary. What a great way to wrap up my third year! Well plus I gave up salt 30 days ago and I’m really craving the fat right now. But who knows what next year’s going to bring? Merry Christmas everybody

(Jack Bennett) #26

You have a good point about Paul “Carnivore MD”. One thing I will say in his favor is that he’s a strong and unapologetic pro-carnivore voice in a world that considers that mostly crazy. He does seem to squeeze in a plug for his supplements line quite a lot though.

(Edith) #27

I tried listening to Paul Saladino’s podcast a couple of times, but I couldn’t stand it. Between the sales pitches and the fact that he did more talking than his guests, I gave up.

Merry Christmas E!!!
You are scoring so well on those great ribeyes!
I am also scoring some good meat sales for my freezer, tis the season to stock up for us carnivores :wink:

Hi, I’m very interested in trying carnivore for my joint pain but I don’t understand this:

Aren’t those foods carnivore? Or are dairy products strictly forbidden? Ideally, I want to try carnivore with no dairy (or coffee…) just to up my odds as much as possible that I will feel a clear reduction in pain. But for me, it would be easier to follow the diet long term if dairy turned out to be ok.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #30

Diary is an animal food, not a plant food, so it’s fine on a carnivore diet. The only reason a lot of people on keto or carnivore don’t do dairy is because of a sensitivity to dairy proteins or because of a lack of lactase (though some dairy products don’t contain enough lactose to worry about).

(Vic) #31

Go for it Wendy, I’m manage cure 100% from joint pain, including my back.

I do nose to tail including dairy eggs seafood.

(Scott) #32

As a general rule if it is an animal or comes from an animal I consider it carnivore. I do limit dairy to some HWC in my eggs and no, coffee is not carnivore but neither is beer but I drink both. My diet so my rules.

The problem is that the person in question barely ate ANY food. One chicken thigh, seriously? It’s not enough food. And adding some fat doesn’t help so much. Close to no protein and nutrients, it’s horrible. If someone has a low energy need, they should avoid pure fat even more than I do and eat proper food. But if the energy need is super low, maybe the metabolism is messed up due to starving like this.

If it’s an exceptional day, it’s a bit different. I had some odd carnivore days myself but they were single days in the sea of other ones where I ate well. Not 1 chicken thighs or 2 or 3, that’s not enough.

Thanks all for the clarifications! I will start my 30-day trial January 1!

sorry to confuse you. that person is not carnivore, she is a low carber person. She is basically starving herself to not gain. It was showing how lopsided so many ‘diet and just won’t eat’ to keep off a lb. ya know and that post had nothing to do with carnivore tho. sorry on that confusion.

Carnivore is animal kingdom only. No plants. You can go all in beef and water for 30 days for a big elimination trial and then you can add back some stuff, slowly, like little cheese etc. to see if you feel ok on it.
ZC is just eat steak, eggs, chicken, lamb, any beef, any seafood if you do well on it etc. Coffee is fine if you like it, if not, wanna drop it go for it. You have some side options like coffee, or tea etc. if you want it but in the end, our food is always animal kingdom with being very careful on any extras, like seasonings or marinades someone might use.

but we have zc info over in our zero carb/carnivore category with tons of info for ya :slight_smile: It will reduce inflammation definitely from your body and one biggie we do get is relief from aches and pains and it is noticeable on zc for many of us.

hope I cleared up that confusion and jump over in our chat thread anytime!

(Laurie) #36

Thank you so much for the clarification, @Fangs . Coffee, yup, scant seasonings, yup, small amounts of olive oil and avocado oil. So I guess I’m “zero carb.” (Of course not quite zero, as there are slight carbs in eggs, seasonings, etc.)

not one ‘carb’ in an egg is ever counted ‘as a nasty ol’ carb’ cause any carbs from liver, shrimp, eggs etc are wrapped in animal protein goodness and they never ‘take anything’ from your body as in if you ate a few green beans, the low level toxins in ALL plants might take from your body but meat/seafood will never do that. Meat/seafood is ‘never toxic’ cause that is not the way they were designed to ‘survive’ on this planet…they run or hide and are stealth and speed…a plant has to sit there and hope ya know, so its’ ONLY resource is ‘be unpalatable’ and ‘might wreck your body systems’ thru low level toxin intake cause that is all they got :slight_smile:

So yea you rocking ZC for sure IL!!

and remember it is food you eat. the big course!! not the few seasonings your body might or might not handle…we find that out by eating a tad of this or that spice and realizing, omg this sucks for me or I do ok on a tiny bit for taste…I think you good IL!