Carnivore and sluggishness after eating

(Magnus Jensen) #1

Have been eating only 100% grass-fed Ribeye imported from Uruguay the last two weeks. Constantly I get tired and a bit sluggish after my meals. Only water to drink. Hardcore ZC/Carnivore in other words. I have tried OMAD 2MAD and 3MAD, and might feel a bit less sluggish doing breakfast, lunch and dinner. Could this be due to having too much to eat doing i.e. OMAD at once? If I do OMAD I must assure to eat this meal in the evening so I can sleep when sataity takes over hand. Anyone experienced the same phenomen? And how did you cope with it? Ate less as in meat per day? I want to be Carnivore adapted (healed), but also would like not having to sleep after i.e. lunch if you understand what I aiming at. Thanks!

(Omar) #2

ACV and/or digestive enzymes help ease this case

I was lethargic the first week too after meals. Be sure you’re really keeping your electrolytes up. Also I would suggest adding liver to your diet, or supplementing with cod liver oil, to keep up your vitamins.

(Chris) #4

How are you cooking it. Should be as rare as possible as high temps kill the enzymes present in meat that hello the body break down protein and fat. Without it you’re putting too much stress on the body’s digestive enzymes and it’s pulling energy to process it from other functions.

(Omar) #5

very interesting

(Magnus Jensen) #6

I cook it in a pan (nothing added as it is allready fatty). Then into the oven to “rare” texture. slicing it into pices and refregiate it. The fat sticks to it.
eat cold. Seasoning salt and pepper.
Could consider going raw meat though…

(Magnus Jensen) #7

I always add cod liver (living in Norway we got the best quality of that) :wink:

(Chris) #8

If you’re hesitant about raw, a quick sear in a hot skillet will kill any possible bacteria on the outside of the meat (which is where it will reside anyway). Leaves it nice and cool on the inside.

(Magnus Jensen) #9

Will try it out! Thanks!

(Chris) #10

Of course! Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions.

(Magnus Jensen) #11

cool!

@Magnus_Jensen I second what @Alpha said about enzymes, and would also consider adding HCL. I have found that my stomach acid is not nearly strong enough. This has probably been a big part of my health problems for years. ACV will help increase stomach acid but may not be enough of a boost right at first.

(Magnus Jensen) #13

@LisaBD what is HCL? So if I understand you right, adding ACV would possibly make me less sluggish? BTW recent days (yesterday and today) I have gotten a bit less sluggish after eating, possible due to the fact that I am not eating as much as I used to. Also (naturally) switched to OMAD and my energy has increased significantly at the gym. Something has “happened” and I suppose I am starting to really get Carnivore/ZC adapted. The feeling now is the best I ever had! Crazy!