Carni purposely derailed

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #22

No, not nausea, in my case. Headaches and constipation are my big symptoms of low sodium.

P.S.—Welcome to the forums!

(Kirk Wolak) #23

Well, Robin… Turns out you’re human after all :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing. I had my birthday. I give myself some grace around that time.
In fact, I used to try to cram all the bad crap in a single meal, but that was HORRIBLE.
Like getting hung over for 3 days… Now I have 3 things I like. I actually have them
on 2-3 separate days. Totally not keto, but light years ahead of just 2-3 years ago.

And again, it’s like 3 things: A Croissant with eggs& cheese, Low Carb Cheesecake, And a couple alcoholic drinks in diet soda.

I find splitting them up lets me appreciate them. Have them, and move on.
I am no longer trying to squeeze everything in. Just enjoying a few things that I have once a year. I feel this is healthier for me mentally. I recognize that these are NOT FOOD, per se. These are Scooby Snacks :slight_smile: And I know what they will do to me.

Also, NONE of them are really trigger foods for me. And I try to move a little extra each day, just to burn some glycogen and have room. When it’s over, I feel like I don’t have to tell myself “never”… And that’s a huge win for my psyche.

(Robin) #24

Sounds like a reasonable approach to me!