Carbquik

(melinda) #1

How do y’all feel about carbquik?

(G. Andrew Duthie) #2

I haven’t tried it in years, but I got some back in my Atkins days and I did not care for it.

It’s possible they might have improved it since then, but personally, I stick with almond flour, coconut flour, flax meal, or combinations thereof. There are enough recipes out there these days that I don’t have a lot of trouble coming up with something tasty with the above options, plus some egg and baking soda/powder.

(Jen H) #3

Was ok, I had one box and didn’t get through it yet. Made eggs Benedict with it and it was alright. Feel it may be ok for something like biscuits and gravy too. Other than that I wouldn’t use it for anything else.

There are 2 other topics for it with other responses as well.

(Brad) #5

From an ingredient stand point, I would not recommend it. Has some inflammatory items in there. There are alternative recipes out there.

Ingredients: Carbalose™ flour (enzyme enriched wheat, vital wheat gluten, wheat fiber, high-protein patent wheat flour, soy fiber, canola oil, salt, emulsifiers, enzymes, ascorbic acid, calcium propionate), palm and palm-kernel oil, buttermilk powder, baking powder, egg white powder, lecithin, salt, natural flavors.

(melinda) #6

Thanks! I guess other topics don’t pop up on mobile like they do on desktop. My bad!

(melinda) #7

Yeah, I’ve been going back and forth on that too. On one hand, I’d love the convenience and texture, but on the other hand I don’t want to eat things that will screw with my goals.