Carb allowance

(LeeAnn Brooks) #9

There’s something called the Bacon Experiment. A guy ate nothing but bacon for 30 days. He upped his calories during the experiment and still lost a considerable amount of weight. You can google it. Since then he’s started a Facebook challenge group and coaches people on it. Most people do a week or two. Men eat 2 pounds of bacon per day. Women 1 to 1 1/2 pounds. You can sub out 1 egg for 2 pieces bacon, but other than tha, it’s all bacon, only bacon.

(TJ Borden) #10

Make yourself a plate of bacon and some ketoaide and sit down and relax, search the forum for cholesterol and prepare to have your mind blown… like matrix style.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #11

Yeah, studies are actually starting to show that lowering cholesterol increases the likelihood of dying from heart disease. Pretty much everything you’ve been told about cholesterol is wrong.

(CJ Young) #12

My first meal of the day (and my largest) Is 3 net carbs and 1024 calories. 3 eggs scrambled with 2TB heavy cream.cooked in 1 TB of fat from 2 strips of bacon. Served with plenty of salt and 1/3 an avocado (I do a 1/3 and not a 1/2 because damn they’ve gotten expensive). Also a bullet proof coffee with 2 TB butter and 1 TB coconut oil/MCT.

Here’s my point. When I first started keto I had a hard time eating enough fat. I think that’s a common problem and it seems daunting to cut out all those carbs. In my meal above you see that I add fat at every step so it really doesn’t taste or feel greasy.

If for your second meal you go carb heavy (you know like 10g) you can eat an enormous salad or a steak and some broccoli or w/e you want. 10g is actually a lot to play with when you’re dealing with vegetables like leafy greens, broccoli, cabbage, red pepper, even the occasional slice of tomato.

(CJ Young) #13

This 100%

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #14

@Mags Welcome to the rabbit hole! It’s actually a lot of fun down here! :rabbit2: :bacon:

What is ketoaide and where can I buy it. (If it’s not aconcoution of yours)

Ketoaide?

What are the ingredients in “bullet proof coffee” and where do you buy it… if something strange. Thank you.

(TJ Borden) #18

No, not mine. It’s from the Incredible @Brenda Zorn (and if that sounds like a superhero, it’s because she is).

Here’s a link

(Raj Seth) #19

Yeah. Me too. I’m afraid it will drop too low - like below 200 - last NMR total cholesterol was barely 260 :flushed:. I’m panicked. Can’t figure out how to raise it! Maybe as my triglycerides dropped from 300-400 to 119, and keep going down, maybe they will manifest as cholesterol :crossed_fingers:. Maybe the additional HDL I seem to have every time will help out
:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

(Raj Seth) #20

Coffee. Fat. Blended to a divine emulsion with a stick blender or, if you have an espresso machine, with a steam wand!!

Fat can be butter, heavy cream, coconut oil, bacon grease, or whatever!! Coffee - any, as long as it is not a Starbucks burnt bean vile concoction

I ask my Dr about potassium because of leg cramps, she told me no potassium supplements, it can cause heart issues.

I hope it lowers mine…

I have coffee and heavy cream a couple times a day. I really enjoy it. Should I add something else to my coffee. Thanks

(Katie) #24

Her eis a great 4-part resource. KetoConnect is one of the top resources for keto. They are practical and helpful. Their blog, ketoconnect.net , has great recipes. Keep it simple though: meat, non-starchy vegetables, and fat to adapt. :blush:

(Roy D) #25

Try bulletproof coffee.

1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 Tbsp MCT oil
Coffee

Blend in a mixer.
Plenty of videos on YouTube on examples of how to make.

The body is able to process the MCT oil quickly, quickly giving energy/satiety. The butter is processed more slowly giving long duration energy/satiety.

Any butter is OK, butters from grass feed cows such as Kerry Gold are better. (These are higher in Omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin K2.)

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #26

Sorry you’re struggling like this, buddy! It’s all your parents’ fault, for not giving you the genes for familial hypercholesterolemia! :rofl::grinning:

(Raj Seth) #27

Being not native english speakers, they got the hyper…emia part, but cholesrol become insulin
so I won the hormonal lottery with Hyperinsulinemia and a vegetarian upbringing!!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #28

Well, at least you’ve managed to fix all that. You were looking good at Ketofest! Despite your pitiful cholesterol level, lol! : :bacon: