Carb Alert!

(Dustin Ewers) #1

This topic is for things that have more carbs that you’d expect.

(Dustin Ewers) #2

Cough syrup.

If you’re shopping for cold meds. Be aware that most cough syrups are chock full of sugar. Look for sugar free diabetic versions or just get gel caps.

(Dustin Ewers) #3

Ham.

Be mindful of ham. Some varieties are OK, but many hams have three or more grams of sugar per serving. Its really easy to overeat ham, so that adds up quick.

(AnnaLeeThal) #4

Dilly beans! The jar I bought apparently had 5 carbs for 3 beans. Usually I’m a label reader, but this one slipped past me and my husband caught it.

(Dustin Ewers) #5

American Cheese

American cheese isn’t super carby, but its roughly 2g per slice. Normally not a big deal, unless you’re getting a McMountain. Other super processed cheese products are often the same way.

Balsamic vinegar. Some are negligible (for me) and some are ‘wtf were they thinking?!’ Amusingly, the cheap brands sometimes have the least carbs.

(ianrobo) #8

good point on chinese, I was tempted to have sweet chilli sauce last week, just a little, and it is pure sugar with a bit of chilli, just daft !

(Larry Lustig) #9

Fucking cashews. 30 percent carbohydrate, higher than potatoes. Love those things.

Well, better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. . .

Cashews :sob:

(William L Schoonmaker Sr ) #12

I eat a few. Handfuls don’t work!

(jennifersmatthews) #13

I agree. I switched to whole milk American (boats head) because it only has 1 per ounce, usually 2 slices.

(Keto Krazy) #14

Oysters! 10g in 6 of those suckers!

(Justin Blow) #15

Wow I had no idea on this one! Those 10 oysters have almost 2 grams of sugar too!
While I was checking I also looked up and found;
Mussels have 6.2g of carbs per oz.
Clams also have 3g of carbs per oz.
This is a very sad day for me…

At least I still have all kinds of crabs and shrimp at 0 carbs.

(Carol E. ) #16

Avid label reader assumed store bought green bean chips served at a gathering were ok.

Nope. After blood sugar spiked I found the ingredients online.

Ingredients
Green beans, non hydrogenated canola oil, dextrin, salt.

What’s that saying? Trust but verify :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

(Keto Krazy) #17

I was bummed big time myself. Love them and clams! I just plan ahead and engage in moderation.