Can't sleep, freezing, cranky, weight gain

(Jackie ) #41

That’s weird…I’m always cold as well as is my mom. We all have normally low body temps too. As for me, any more protein in my diet and the weight comes back…also, for me, protein is not at all satiating…hence the tendency to overeat it. Fat makes me feel full…and quickly. Just checked with Melissa on this and she also said fat by far is more satiating. She has been tracking her macros and her protein has been higher than it should be. She is working on upping the fat a bit to see if that helps. It’s hard when one doesn’t like avocados :avocado:. They are the easiest way to get the fat up! She is still in detox mode from years of SAD…the chemicals alone are a killer.

It’s always so interesting for me to see how people are so different.
Avocados aren’t even fatty as far as I can tell but I admit I always disliked them, they are like watery grass to me. Overeating fat is ridiculously easy for me… But I love fat and if it’s not packed together with protein, it doesn’t satiate me at all.

But I learned satiation is very unique. Different macros and items satiate people, sometimes it’s not even about macros, merely calories… Even fatty protein, a very good combo and my only chance for satiation may trigger overeating in some people.
We should figure out what works best for us, I guess.

(Betsy) #43

Weight lose surgery sometimes causes thiamine deficiency Hormones Matter website has a lot of article about thiamine that you might find helpful.

(Polly) #44

Hi Jakiscorpion. Has Melissa thought about adding animal sourced fat to her intake rather than vegetable based fats?

I like avocados but almost never eat them and rely on fattier cuts of meat or if eating lean meat or fish I use bacon grease, butter, lard, dripping (tallow), suet, codfat (from beef), and cheese or cream to get enough fat to be satiated by my main meal of the day.

(Jackie ) #45

I will send that to her now. Thank you!

(Jackie ) #46

Yes…she much prefers animal based…but most animal based has a good amount of protein as well…her husband was having similar issues. I looked at his intake and suggested he add avocados to his meals. That ups the fat without upsetting the protein. He had lost 25 lbs in 6 months…slowly of course. Well in the last week, he lost 4.5 pounds! He is also off the meds…diuretic for BP, Prilosec for acid reflux and a statin. The combo of getting off the meds and that simple adjustment to the diet has worked-for him. My daughter is a cheese nut…she LOVES cheeses. That’s good! She can also eat nuts…they’ve been busy making peanut butter, fat bombs and other goodies. I think once she gets past this detox period, she will be well on her way to an overall better lifestyle :innocent::innocent::innocent: