Cant get back into ketosis

newbies

(Susan) #61

I think if you try and not cheat at all for a few months, you will lose the appetite in general for these foods, because you are still addicted to them. My kids order pizza all the time, or bring in McDonald’s, KFC, etc into the house, and are cooking foods that are not Keto as well, all the time, and it doesn’t bother me at all now. It did at the beginning and was hard, I just told myself, if you eat that, you will always be fat, and that was my motivation to not make bad choices.

You are addicted to carbs; we all were, it is like being an alcoholic or a drug addict, so you have to purge your body of it… then have it just for special occasions, and holidays, etc. and then fast after for a few days to get back into Ketosis, and autophagy (which has many benefits, like tons).

(Chris) #62

Ya I’m no longer addicted I just like the taste Haha. But I hve how fasted for almost 24 hours I just consumed mct oil coffee and my ketones are at… .4. I think I’m broken hah

(Susan) #63

You will get there, if you maybe do 48 hours? I know it is not an easy thing at the beginning but your body will adjust, and your cravings change, and your tastebuds change as well =-).

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #64

Well, if your ketones are now at 4, you are in pretty good shape, no?

(Chris) #65

.4 haha

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #66

@05147ae533bd743d8b98 and anyone else who thinks a ‘carb day’ is OK. Here’s a well-presented and low key talk for you edification. It’s specifically about fruit, but it’s generically about sugar/carb. Fettke also manages to get the message across with good natured humour.

“It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

PS: A big thank you to @ArtMeursault for finding this video!

(Chris) #67

This was a great lecture. My argument is joy that pizza and ice cream is healthy. Lol just that I dont believe I’ll ever not want it

(Chris) #68

I have more info and I really really want to find out what’s going on. It’s been 6 days now and I’m still not in ketosis. I eat
3 peices of organic bacon
3 eggs
125g of assorted sauteed green veggies cooked in bacon grease
Eggs cooked in butter
Flax seed on top of veggies
Lunch

Coffee with mct oil and heavy 0 carb cream
Almonds

Dinner

Pork chicken or beef ans side of green veggies

My protein is 100g my fat is 120-150g and my carbs are 15net.

I fast 16/8 and I do this every single day with little variation. Why in the world am I nkt in ketosis? I sincerely dont understand it this is what I’ve been eating for the last 2 months I’ve had no issues. Suddenly after a carb up I cant go back in? Is this something anyone else has experienced? It’s starting to really piss me off cuz I dont feel that great. Oh I alap tried a 24 hour fast

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #69

organic bacon

:slight_smile: lol That just sounds funny to me :slight_smile: If I saw “organic” on bacon, or anything else for that matter, Id be throwing it back on the rack in a split second. Organic is a lame, over used buzz word, used to sucker people into paying more than they need to.

(Chris) #70

I dont mean organic Haha I buy it locally sourced and organic was just the closest word

(Full Metal KETO AF) #71

You lost your Club KETO Card! :joy::joy::grin:

At .4 you are likely in ketosis, just a low level. You shouldn’t stress because that stimulates Cortisol and stifles ketosis. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Chris) #72

Lol fine I’ll be patient and not obsess as hard as it is for me hah. Thanks for your help I learned alot

(Full Metal KETO AF) #73

Yes Chris, we all know your penchant for Chemical Antibiotic Stew. :joy::joy::cowboy_hat_face:

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #74

Dirty Keto all the way baby ! :blush: