Can you follow a zero carb diet? Nope

(jilliangordona) #1

Doing a bit of reading before I head to the grocery store to begin two weeks zero carb. Found this wonderful, science based article :roll_eyes:

(Adam Kirby) #2

lol someone let @amber and others know that they have accomplished the impossible.

(Chris) #3

yawn

Typical unfounded bias here.

(MakinBacon) #4

This part stuck out to me, and I hate when people use this phrase:

“And at the end of the day, it is a balanced meal that matters most,” she says. “No one food group is the winner or loser.”

To that I must say, should cows start eating meat because it’s more “balanced” compared to their usual all grass and/or grain diet? Who ever said a balance of macros is the most appropriate way to eat? Just because humans CAN eat a balance, does not necessarily mean it’s the ideal diet, or that it’s harmful to limit one macro.

(David Driver) #5

Wow! Carbs build muscles? I didn’t know that. But according to the article if you don’t have carbs your muscles will break down.

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #6

I like this quote:

“Carbs are the main source of energy for our body,” says Keri Gans, R.D.N., nutritionist and author of The Small Change Diet. “Without carbohydrates, your body cannot function,” says Gans. “Our brains particularly rely on glucose, which comes from carbs, to function properly.”

Been LCHF/Keto for 2 years now (< 20 g/day) and now heading into ZC to see how I like it!

Looks like another nutritionist needs to update her training!

(jilliangordona) #7

I had to laugh at that one too. Not sure how I haven’t keeled over from having no carbs!

(Teresa Driver) #8

Just doing the impossible. I must be doing something right. The cook at McDonalds was so freaked out she hid lettuce in the bowl and shorted me a slice of cheese. Body fat function on the scale says I’ve dropped 3% body fat in 2 weeks.

(Teresa Driver) #9

See the pics below of evidence of said breakdown :wink:

Or depending on where you found this it may be above lol.

(KCKO, KCFO) #10

So very awesome!

(KCKO, KCFO) #11

So in otherwords you die without carbs?

Maybe we should start referring to ourselves as ketozombies? Since we all seem to be walking around and frightening people with our WOE. After all we should be dead, right???:scream:

(Teresa Driver) #12

bbbbrrrraaaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnnsssss! (also hearts, livers, chitlins and kidneys, we are ketozombies after all.)

(L. Amber O'Hearn) #13

A few years ago I actually met someone at a party, who, before I told him much about me, was insisting that if you didn’t eat carbs you would die. He had literally no response when I told him about my dietary habits. Dumbfounded.

(Keto in Katy) #14

walking-keto