Can I have a list of acceptable fat fast foods?

(Joy Hood) #1

I’m in a stall and working hard to be. I feel like fat fast may simplify my efforts.
A list of far fast foods and your recommendation on length and effectiveness pretty please.

(Guardian of the bacon) #2

Generally when doing a “FAT FAST” you stick to pure fats limited in quantity to what you feel you need to power through the fast.

Coconut oil and grass fed butter are probably the 2 best choices. A limited amount of HWC in your coffee if necessary.

(Scott Shillady) #3

I see those as the 2nd and 3rd best option BACON NECTAR is my go to for a fat fast. one small teaspoon is all I need to keep me going

(Rhoda) #4

I just came off a three day "Fat Fast. So here’s a short list to start with. I ate bacon, eggs, avocado, cream cheese, Kerrygold Butter, coconut oil, HWC, Pecans and Macadamias. Besides Bacon my favorites are Pecans fried in Kerrygold and mushrooms fried in Kerrygold and Mascarpone Cheese.

Please don’t crucify me for asking this, but did you count calories during this fat fast?

(Guardian of the bacon) #6

I’m a firm believer in “your fast, your rules” That being said I thought a “fat” fast generally referred to fat only…no proteins or carbs?

(Christina Hansen) #7

Generally a “fat fast” is supposed to be 80-90% calories from fat, at least the 5-day fat fast described by Dr. Atkins. But, yeah, your fast, your rules.

(Jo Lo) #8

Wow, KetoGrannie, I want to come over to your house for dinner! :slight_smile:

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #9

This site has been very helpful for me. I stick to zero carb (carnivore) when I fat fast

(Athena Elliston) #10

did you find that the three day fat fast was successful? I am contemplating trying one.

(Athena Elliston) #11

Forgive me if this is a commonly known thing, but what is bacon nectar?

(Scott Shillady) #12

some people call it bacon grease, but the bacons find that term offensive

(Athena Elliston) #13

Lol. Okay, I get it now! Thanks!

(Rhoda) #14

The fat fast I did was not mine. It was “Low Carb Layla”.It has a five day menu plan. I did it with two larger meals instead of the six small ones. The second time I did it for only three days.

(Rhoda) #15

Well, I’m down here in Florida for another three weeks so if your anywhere around here come on down.