Can Candida Thrive on Ketones?

(Jammie Karline) #1

Can anyone help me find evidence that Candida can thrive on ketones as well as sugar?

(Ron) #2

You might find some help in this discussion.
https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/candida-problems/93800

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3

I don’t think so, KETO is known to help get candida under control. Yeast grows on sugars only as far as I know. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #4

Beer yeast, any way. :wink:

(Jammie Karline) #5

Thanks, I actually started there but then decided to try a dedicated topic.

(Jammie Karline) #6

My candida seems to grow worse when I’m on keto. I’m in search of how and why. Going on keto should help candida overgrowth, yet this is not my experience.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7

@JYKfrog Specifically related

@amwassil Brewmeister related! :joy::joy:

In both cases, yeast feeds on sugars and starches. I don’t believe it thrives in a keto body. In fact the first article is almost a formula for a ketogenic diet. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Brandy) #8

I’m a Candida monster too. Address and limit dairy. The lactose is too much sugar for some of us and manifests as internal and external skin yeast infections. Introduce fermented foods such as sauerkraut, kimchi and pickles. If you’re buying them instead of making them, you’ll want to select brands that are in the refrigerated section, as these are actually fermented and alive, whereas canned items are pickled with vinegar and dead. You can also introduce kombucha, however I’d suggest you don’t, unless you can make it yourself. Store bought kombuchas are sweetened after the ferment. If you’re still experiencing high yeast, eat even more fermented foods.