Can anyone tell me what this is trying to say?

Now the the data is in.

It seems eating a high-fat diet to stabilise your blood sugar is unlikely to help you lose weight.

Rather than worrying about your blood glucose after meals, your blood glucose before meals is a more powerful way to optimise your metabolic health.

By managing your blood sugars before you eat (through meal timing and optimised food choices), you can optimise the numbers that matter when it comes to managing your metabolic health (i.e. BMI, waist to height ratio and waking blood sugars).

----you have to remember he is advocating an intermittant fasting ‘program designed by him’ to show one ‘how to eat’ and ‘when’ and what’ and from what I get from his info…he is saying people are eating very high fat in order to avoid carbs and thus ‘overeating kcals’ and thinking this high fat is controlling their blood sugars well and keeping that in check but at the same time the ‘keto gurus’ are getting fatter by the minute eating all this fat all based on keeping a low blood sugar constant. He is saying ‘with his program’ you can drop tons of kcals and ‘eat on his timeline suited for you personally with your data’ and not have to ‘eat a ton of fat and get fatter’…ok, now is this what he is saying cause in the end I ain’t quite sure what this guy is selling?? LOL

(Bunny) #22

I love the skin more than I like the chicken, same-thing with fish…lol

But seriously green leafy and cruciferous veggies are not going to raise your blood sugars significantly either but your still dealing with an insulin problem, not a glucose problem which your get from protein or your own body parts anyway in similar ratios?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #23

This is too complicated for me. I went keto to reverse incipient diabetes and did so, without counting calories or macros. I just ate healthy food. I did no exercise or fasting. And I lost sixty pounds just from being a couch potato. If I’d had to worry about all the stuff Mr. Kendall says to worry about, I’d never have been able to do it.

I know I know…he is taking a ‘new number to focus on’ and made ‘his paid plan’ about that number and does it hold weight? Heck it is confusing cause it is coming in ‘backward’ in a way ya know and I ain’t one to do ‘blood glucose’ crap so I am not an expert on this anyway in any form.

It has to be dissected alot. With his beginning bs number should be key and then how to ‘eat and IF’ thru it all. I think Old Dog was right, I think he is gonna cut that fat and kcals down and flood a person with veggies. Haven’t seen an ‘eating plan’ designed by him so don’t know just yet on it LOL but I am not sure if I wanna know

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #25

If our pre-agriculture ancestors had to worry about all the stuff Mr. Kendall says to worry about, we wouldn’t be here…

I think earlier you hit the nail on the head OldDog… Plant based.

cut kcals to lose lbs and work this around some bs number upon waking and IF thru it but in the end ‘cut that heavy fat that is making all keto people fatter’ and USE MY plan and I bet it is super veg loaded.

Not sure tho…I need to see an eating plan he recommends to see if this is anything? or hype? or ?? LOL

so went to his Data Driven Fasting facebook group…2,000 members but private. Ok off to see more about this!

Fat loss

While we all need enough nutrients, prioritising nutrient density is even more important when you are trying to lose weight. Even though you are eating fewer calories, you still require enough nutrients.

Simply trying to eat a lower quantity of nutrient-poor foods will leave you with cravings that typically lead to increased nutrient hunger for the nutrients you need and eventual rebound binges and fat gain.

The best-kept weight-loss secret is simple: If you want to lose fat you need to control your appetite by finding a way to get more nutrients per calorie of food you consume!

OK, this is why he is saying that the keto gurus that throw the ‘eat more fat’ at your menu is wrong in that the fat is not nutrient dense real food ya know…he is basing his stuff on ‘veg science’ and more LOL

I am over him for sure HAHA
No interest here for me. Another whacked out ‘diet’ from what I am seeing and just starving people down the scale in a different format with IF and bs numbers and more confusing stuff to make it ‘oh so hard’ when it truly isn’t hard I don’t think but??? whacky I don’t wanna waste my time on I think.