Calories deficit

(Gul ) #1

46F, 5’3”,175 lbs ( SW 201lbs) sedentary but I try lifting weights off and on and swim occasionally.Started keto 4.5 months back lost 25lbs and now stalled ( need to loose 20 more lbs)

I haven’t been very hungry,eating almost 800-1000cal/day.I have been told to eat to my BMR or I will go into slower metabolism. If I reach assigned calories I have to eat too much fat .
My carbs are less than 20 gm net and proteins. ( kind of confused on it) usually 85 gm. Rest I am left with fats that I want to keep low as it should not come from my plate but from the body to loose.
With all the advice out there I am confused on if I should eat above BMR calories or not , eat high protein or upto 60 gm optimal for women?
Will this calorie deficit stall me and hurt my body?
Need advice

(LeeAnn Brooks) #2

Short answer: yes!

Longer answer: you’re far better off doing EF or ADF for your metabolism than severely restricting daily calories. if you’re not hungry, than I would not eat anything, period. Go 24 hours or more. Then when you do eat, eat like you mean it.
But continuing to reduce calories will reduce your BMR and hamper your ability to continue to lose weight.

(Ron) #3

Here is a previous discussion that might answer some of your questions.

(Gul ) #4

Thankyou so much for your input, that explained a lot.