Calorie Restriction

(CharleyD) #21

This is exactly where I’m at.

I’m figuring out I need to polish up some more lifestyle things. I think my OMAD often isn’t enough calorically, but I don’t keep food around me and it’s dark before I leave work. I know it’s best to not eat when it’s dark, but my snack has been a handful of nuts, sticking to macadamias/almonds/brazil/walnut/sunflower kernels. And I think that if I could bring some to work that would be better. Instead of a 24 hour fast busting to a 16:8 with a snack at home, it could be a 20:4.

Meh, #KetoIFproblems

(Karen Parrott) #22

From an “old timer” (6 years almost). Record data and shift things around. Test for 1-2 months, go with what gives you results.

I don’t get normal satiety, so all I get is overweight if I use that. I do use Intake, Activity, and Meal timing, Food choices

Here’s what matters for me in order of importance.

I’ve only had 6 years of experience, so I may change this as I leave my early 50’s and get closer to age 60

1. Amount eaten (yes if I over calorie ,I regain)
  2. Time of day eaten (if I eat later, I gain even if I control my total calories)
  3. Type of food eaten- Macros (too much fat = fat pants for me, too much protein = makes me feel sick. Too low carbs = intestine distress, too high carbs = high glucose) mild levels of Keto work great for me.
  4. Activity. Sit on my butt and I gain. 60+ moderate walking daily for weight maintenance. 2X gym, mobility exercises.

Best wishes and don’t get too attached to what works, because as I’ve seen, that can change each 1-2 years. Be willing to adapt to what feed back your body will provide. Be willing to listen, explore outside echo chambers, then take a long with you only what you need.

(KCKO, KCFO) #23

This is so important.

I have picked up something from every diet plan I have ever used. I have finally found a plan that I can live with day in day out. I walk, I do some yoga, I do some strength/resistance workouts, I eat @50 grams of carbs, the rest is protein and fats, and I do IFing several days a week, with longer fasts a few times a month. That is what is working for me now. I have been maintaining since Spring, if I start getting off track I will revisit logging calories, but so far I haven’t had to do that. 3 years of daily CICO on MFP did not get me to my goal, keto/lchf/fasting has. But if I need to I will start regular logging again.

(Pete A) #24

@gardengirlkp @collaroygal thanks for the feedback! I do try to remember there’s no right way except what my body tells me and appreciate you validating that. My eating schedule is pretty consistent because that’s how it has to work for me. I need the structure and anticipate every next meal haha

I’m moving in the direction of adding a couple hundred fat calories and see how that works/feels.

Thanks again.