Caloric surpluss on carnivore low carb

(Marius the butter craving dude) #1

Easter is over. Traditionally in Orthodox countries after 7 weeks of vegan fasting comes the day of the feast. Traditionally we eat a ton of eggs and lamb meat and “drob” witch is the organ meat of the lamb.
I eat quite a lot of meat, I ate until I felt I exploded. And then we still had to visit other relatives and eat again…This was for 4 days… The fridge is still full of uneaten meat…
Yet this morning I weight in and no major change. I still feel that my guts are not yet properly empty, with this into consideration I think I barely put 1 kg on.

(Adrian ) #2

Are you romanian?

(Marius the butter craving dude) #3

Yes I am.

Da sunt. Am deschis un thred Keto in Romania sau cv de genu acum ceva timp… dar nu a raspuns nimeni.

Hristos a inviat!!!

(Not Romanian but blessings on the feast!)

(Marius the butter craving dude) #5

Adevarat a inviat!!

I wanted to share this because I contemplate how veganism and fasting was done in the past in specific periods followed by fests that were all meat based. Also the vegan eating did not mean high refined carb diet.
Even the word feast and festivity are related. Of course back than being vegan for 7 weeks was not damaging because you did not have the sugar and white flower or the veg oils; and even those 7 weeks have a fair number of days that only fish is allowed conveniently named unbound days

(Karim Wassef) #6

I observe lent and pascha also. Coptic Orthodox have the same calendar as the Eastern Orthodox.

I fasted continuously for 19 days first, then ate for 9, followed by cyclic fasting 5 days a week. When I ate, it was vegan OMAD. I struggled to get enough protein.

The feast was a feast x 2… once at home and again with family. Since Monday, I’ve been eating carni only with much higher protein than I’d like so I’m in the same boat. :smiley:

I finally got the genie in the bottle under 160g… going to try for 140g today. My lean mass is 140lb so I’m trying to get to 1g / lb lean mass.