Califlour Foods - pizza crusts

(Jennifer) #1

Anyone see these pop up on Facebook? I got hit for targeted marketing. Nutritional value shows 6gms of carbs for the whole crust. Looks interesting as a time savor. Kinda pricey.

(Beth) #2

There is one market (sort of) near me that carries it. Unfortunately, the most direct road there has a huge section of road that was completely destroyed in the storms this year and it’s going to be 2-4 months before they fix it. I’m not sure I want to bother ordering on line but I’ll definitely look for it when I’m in that neck of the woods again.

(Michelle) #3

Hi - I just ordered these, as she is pretty particular about the ingredients she chooses, and how these are made. I haven’t gotten them yet, but they are running a special 5for55 or something, where you get 10 crusts for $55 and no shipping fee. (5 boxes with 2 pizza crusts each) I got the jalepeno ones. I’ll report back on how they are.

Pricey for pizza crusts? yes. But, I’m lazy, so I’m paying for the laziness factor here :smiley: I’m okay with it for now.

(Jennifer) #4

They are good. I really like the red pepper ones, just a bit of spice that adds a great kick.

(Ken) #5

Cauliflower crusts are easy to make. One half mashed cauliflower and one half mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with whatever seasonings you want, like pizza seasoning, red pepper, etc. Bake in a 450 oven for around 12 minutes, but watch it so it doesn’t burn. Use like any other crust.

(Candy Lind) #6

Trader Joe’s carries frozen cauli crusts. I don’t know the price, but I bet it’s better than these.

(Jennifer) #7

carbs are much, much higher.

(Rob) #8

Yep - that’s why I don’t buy them… all the corn and potato starch. :tired_face:

I love the Califlour crusts. My favorite is the Italian. Perfectly seasoned, thin crust and so easy to bake for either pizza or crackers. Totally worth the cost to me.

(Candy Lind) #10

WOW, didn’t realize that. A friend bought one, thinking I’d be able to use it. I’m glad I made my own ke-dough crust that night!