Cabbage & Carbs

(Tsering M) #1

Are cabbage high carb (the green kind)?

(Jacob Wagner) #2

According to Google cabage is 0.7 g net carbs (total carbs minus dietary fiber) per 23 g serving. I’d say that that is pretty low.

–Jacob

(Tsering M) #3

I love cabbage!

(Jacob Wagner) #4

I am learning to love it ever sence I learned it can be broiled in oil.

–Jacob

(Tsering M) #5

My relatives live in a village (Manang) 3500 meters+, below mouth annapurna - Ive been eating the cabbage from there last few days. they are extra delicious. i just stir fry them in coconut oil.

(Tsering M) #6

Houses don’t come with ovens here in Nepal:( no broiling for me. Cabbage broiled in oil sounds interesting.

(đ૯αท ʍ૯ઽƬѳท) #7

Cabbage cooked in butter with onion and bacon.

Delish!

(Linda Culbreth) #8

Sounds really good to me…

(Lisa D) #9

I have this same question! I love cabbage! Its higher in total carbs. Ii’ve been counting total carbs to get to my 30g - (and sure get there quickly with my veggies so was sad to see the carb count was higher !) I love this net carb calculation, however, and will look more into it - total carb less fiber!! Anyway - I had a head of cabbage and with long work hours it had been sitting in my refridge for the week. I decided to cut it up into wedges, drop it in a big pot filled with an inch of water - freely sprinkle olive oil on the wedges, garlic powder, himalayian sea salt and pepper and steam/boil it for about 25 mins. It was SOOOO good and flavorful!! After its finished, I slice an ounce of cheese on top to melt. I happened to have Manchego. This will be my dinner for a few nights - with a side of protein and a fat bomb for desert.