Bye bye bacon. Bacon removed from all keto menus

food

Bacon, bacon, bacon. It’s like hearing Jan Brady lamenting, “Marcia, Marcia, Marcia.”

Well I’ve found something better and alternatively nutritionally dense. Full of marine minerals and omega 3 fatty acids.

It even tastes better than pan fried bacon!

Maybe you want to be a pesky vegetarian after watching one too many animal rights documentaries? Here is a stepping stone, being a pesco-vegetarian.

I declare smoked salmon the pork of the sea.

The secret is to fry it in grass fed butter.

Try some. Fry some. Yum, yum.

(Mike W.) #2

Wut

(Carl Keller) #3

I love bacon. I like salmon. Can’t I just wrap my smoked salmon with bacon?

(Running from stupidity) #4

Drugs - stay off them, kids.

This post should be illegal. Long live the bacon!

:bacon:

The key is to fry the smoked salmon. Yes, then wrap it in bacon. Or, more smoked salmon (depending upon satiety). :slightly_smiling_face:

(John) #7

I like smoked salmon but it is quite expensive. I will have to stick to bacon for now.

(Running from stupidity) #8

Fried in bacon fat. Cheap and awesome.

(Running from stupidity) #9

And not fish.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #10

I make a bomb ass pan fried salmon with a white wine vingear and tarragon sauce, holy fucking orgasm in my mouth. Except I lost the recipe.

Pretty sure it’s Donna Hay’s.

(Brian) #11

I keep hoping to find some wild-caught salmon at a good price, and not marked, “Product of China.”

It would not be unusual to spend close to $15 for a single meal’s worth of fish for me and my wife to have a nice salmon steak, and that’s cooking and eating at home.

Butter to fry that smoked salmon will unstick the bacon dependency

Now salmon steaks, from salmon, but are not thin slices of smoked salmon, those big chunky fillets are the equivalent of pork belly. As sliced smoked salmon is to bacon.

Some possibly misleading claims about expense of smoked salmon. Get the thinly sliced smoked salmon, as one would get the the slices of streaky bacon. The mass is not much for so many nutritional benefits!

I’m not employed by the salmon industry, nor am I smoking salmon.

I can’t believe it’s not bacon!:yum:

(Running from stupidity) #15

Why would I want to do THAT? Next up, “FrankoBear’s 10 easy steps to breaking your sex dependence!”

alas

(Running from stupidity) #17

You mean “a lass”? :smiley:

Hmm, just a thought, what if you fried sardines in bacon grease. Might try that soon. Can’t hurt once.

Then again I could probably fry my socks in bacon grease and they would taste good. A bit chewy but tasty.

(Karen) #19

Love smoked salmon. Pretty dear though! Smoked salmon carbonara is fantastic.

K
K

I have to admit I’m intrigued about trying this, not as a bacon substitute though, but it’s always good to add new ways to cook keto food.

The OP did sound like he was doing a tacky infomercial though. :wink: