Burn glucose vs burn fat

(Empress of the Unexpected) #21

(Empress of the Unexpected) #22

No ketones here - brain very confused. My baby came to visit. Thai food. And she brought me chocolate. I just could not be rude. Chocolate with nuts. Stuffed myself like a pig all day - back on the horse tomorrow.

(Running from stupidity) #23

Yes you could, Regina. Own your decisions, girl!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #24

SAD was not built in one day!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #25

As I said - back on tomorrow!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #26

Guys, today is my eight month anniversary. One cheat a month. Think that gets me in the keto hall of fame!

(Robert C) #27

I think this would depend on the region your ancestors came from. Maybe ketones are important in the hibernating situations but in the jungles along the equator - where plant based foods were always available - probably not so much.

What is really important is that we can adapt and well utilize multiple fuels after an induction phase.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #28

You are totally correct. But I am not staring down Type 2. And because of that, it is harder to remind myself never to cheat. Because at this point, I have no health issues. Will learn to work on it. Thank you!

(Running from stupidity) #29

I’m always correct :slight_smile:

But the point isn’t that you can’t eat whatever you want, you can. It’s to accept that YOU made the decision, not blame it on not being able to be “rude.” :slight_smile:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #30

Ok, you keep me on point. Maybe you are my confessor!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #31

Ok, Mea culpa, Padre. I will eat meat for three days. Let’s see where that takes my BG. Challenge on!!!

(Bunny) #32

As Janie points out; it is economic where bribery and monetary gain rules the day for the scientist/researcher and it is beyond a multi-billion dollar business industry to keep you the consumer in absolute darkness[3]?

Shelf-life and production quantity is what makes money[1], not perishability or bad crops being eaten by insects?

We know what calories are by its economic value[1] but never were we informed or educated on how to use them correctly in contrast to our health hisitorically[2].

Footnotes:

[1] **The concept of the “Calorie” originated in the 1800s in an environment with limited food availability, primarily as a means to define ECONOMIC EQUIVALENCIES? in the energy density of food substrates. Soon thereafter, the energy densities of the major macronutrients —fat, protein, and carbohydrates— were defined . …” …More

[2] “… One hundred years ago, “Pleasingly Plump,” was the size that women of wealth aimed for. Physicians of the day published articles stating it was healthier for women to stay home doing “Fancy work, than to ride a bike or walk any distance.” One of my grandmothers was in her teens during this era, working hard to be appropriately plump, so as to find the best suitor. She often told me, that she achieved the plumpness at a time when cookbooks and articles suggested weight loss. …” “…I have talked to so many baby boomers who were children of depression era parents. Almost universally, I have heard that they were encouraged and at times required to “finish all of your food, hungry or not.” And “We are so proud of you, little one; you belong to the clean plate club.” Parents of Baby Boomers were essentially encouraging their children to over eat, to eat until their “tummies were ready to burst.” I have heard these same comments from so many adults of that generation, that I assume these phrases like, “clean plate club,” were published somewhere, though I do not have the source. …” …More

[3] 35:07 Many studies become “silent studies”. Since the results do not fit the narrative, they are forgotten and disappear from the literature.
36:27 Over 70 clinical trials have been done on a low carb diet, but researchers CANNOT get their studies published.
39:15 Researchers in the field of nutrition science stay within the realm of acceptable discourse in their field. This is why the new science about carbohydrate restriction came from people not in the field of nutrition.
43:08 60% of study diabetics on the ketogenic diet were able to reverse their diabetes. In the nutrition field, IT IS CONSIDERED IMPOSSIBLE? …More

(New Keto Friend) #33

I think it’s an evolutionary thing… Carbs can be eaten for a short period as a kind of hormesis. To bulk up a little bit for times there was less food around. In nature however there are not much fast digesting carbs, that’s why our bodies have a trick to store a little bit: the glycogen. But we don’t need much. Fat in opposite is something what is all year around. We don’t have to store that. It’s simply there. That’s why we don’t get fat on fat…

But now that evolutionary thing is a problem for us humans because there is everywhere sugar and an awful lot of carbs right there while we don’t need them in that quantity. Just a spike 3 or 4 times a year to fill up your glycogen is maybe enough. …(don’t know this for metabolically broken bodies, they lack metabolic flexibility)

And the real problem is, the most modern dietary rules are not designed by evolution. Eat carbs and low fat became a kind of religion of it’s own. People who are brainwashed by this can’t think outside the box. In that group are a lot of scientists and that’s a shame in my opinion. That shouldn’t be so. Scientists should be openminded and not be a believer of the high carb religion.

(Running from stupidity) #34

Follow the grant money.