Broke Over 6 Month Stall!

(Michelle ) #1

I have been LC/Keto for almost 2 years. I have lost a little over 50 lbs. I LOVE Keto! Around Febuary of 2017 my weight loss journey came to a halt. I have always been a slow loser (I average about -2 lbs a month) so I wasn’t too worried. I had surgery in March and I am sure that contributed to my stall while my body was in healing mode.

About August I really started questioning what I was doing wrong or if I had let my lazy Keto get too lazy. I tried an egg fast and had some luck, losing 3 lbs and only putting back on 1 lb afterward. The beginning of October we headed to S. Korea for 2 weeks and I was pretty lax with my Keto but we were walking about 10 miles a day, all over the city so again I wasn’t worried. When we arrived home I got right back on Keto and started IF. (To date, my longest fast is 21 hours) The last 2 days I have lost over 2 lbs. My clothes are looser and I feel great. Too be honest, when I started Keto I was going to be happy to lose 30lbs. I never thought I would see the number on the scale I see now.

I know there are others out there feeling stuck and I just wanted to encourage you to hang on. If you are in a long stall (more then 2 months) try changing things around a bit and more importantly, give yourself some grace! I recently found the 2 Keto Dudes podcast and have started listening to them. It has been a tremendous help in getting me refocused and excited about Keto again. Good luck to you all and Keto on!

(Sophie) #2

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your story. It is important to step back occasionally and refocus when things don’t always go as planned. :+1:

(Michelle ) #3

UPDATE: I am now 9 lbs down as of Nov 9th, doing IF (water only) 2x a week. I have not lost like this since I first started in January 2016. I am excited!

Wonderful, @Mom2Five ! Funny that whole thing should happen like it did. I’m gonna put my Stall Story in here - a lighter take, indeed !

(Zoe ) #5

Hey, thanks for this. I am persisting and seeing other gains but the number on the scale is bugging me. I might try water only fasts and cut out the milk in coffee and other things that sometimes get included. Happy for you too!

(Susan) #6

@Mom2Five Wish I could remember when I first “liked” this post; have been stalled for about 4 months now and was looking for encouraging posts since I couldn’t sleep and found this again. Have gained 4 pounds (but starting fat clothes are still huge on me, glad I kept them!). Have been playing a little fast & loose with the carbs lately and not really tracking protein, which is probably a problem since I tend to go over the macros. Trying to KCKO, still down a net 20 pounds from June when I started so guess that’s good.

(Michelle ) #8

I did great over the holidays until our vacation to Houston after Christmas (up about 5lbs). Too much wine over the break…and I knew better. Back on track now but it is frustrating to have to re-lose the same weight I just took off. I am IF and that has been working well. 2lbs left to go.

20lb weight loss is great! Every pound represents a lot of work and focus. Keep looking forward. You can do it!

(Karen) #9

Have ya noticed all stall are ladies. Hmm are our expectations too high or are we just different. Haven’t stalled yet but I’m expecting it.

K

(Michelle ) #10

I think we have a lot of hormones in play that the guys don’t have. We are women…we are complicated. :grinning: