Breaking old mindsets

(Ethan) #1

I’ve been keto and doing well for a couple years now, but I’ve recently realized that I sometimes don’t remember that.

Despite being only 33 years old when I went keto and improved my health, I had prior several years of difficulty with normal tasks such as bend down to pick something up off the floor. I’ve always been a seeker of “optimizing effort,” which meant it was always best to pick something up off the floor with your feet anyway, but lost the ability to easily do otherwise in my late 20s. My first round at (unknowingly) being keto reversed my conditions, but only lasted 12 months before I returned to SAD and degreased again. After 3 years, I (knowingly) returned to keto—permanently—and now carnivore.

My NSV is that I dropped something on the floor and realized my habit, being used to disability, was to just leave there to avoid effort, but then I remembered that I don’t have issues whatsoever even squatting down with knees only to grab it with my hand and pick it up… pretty funny.

(Prancing Pony) #2

Congratulations!

(Susan) #3

Awesome, well done. I certainly still struggle severely picking things up, I ask my grand daughter to do it for me all the time (she loves helping me and so doesn’t mind but still) I will look forward to doing this again myself without worrying I am going to fall, or have the severe pain my knees and back feel when I do.

(Marianne) #4

Me, too - but it’s getting better!

And, I don’t have to walk up and down the stairs anymore one at a time!

(Susan) #5

I still have to do this, holding onto the railing for dear life…

(Marianne) #6

That was me, too; imagine when you don’t have to - it’s coming!

(Susan) #7

Thanks for the encouragement, I look forward to that day =).