Breaking IF diarrhea (42 hrs)

(Auden) #21

Yes unfortunately. Taking chia seeds 30 min before breaking your fast is supposed to help. I don’t like chia so I haven’t tried it. The diarrhea is supposed to improve as you fast more. I’m not a very consostent faster.

(Ron) #22

I can’t break with eggs with the exact same problem. Eggs are a no go to a lot of fasters. I break with a few olives and a stick of celery.

(Sierra) #23

I’ve fasted on and off for years now. Diarrhea is completely normal when breaking a fast. My favorite way to fast is 36 hour water fasts. I always think the diarrhea is just my digestive system waking back up and my gut getting rid of waste it just put there(in the trash) over the past 36 hours.
But that was quite the break the fast meal. It’s common for new fasters to break their fast with way too much food. After a few times of making that mistake and feeling like crap you’ll figure it out. It’s only really dangerous to break a longer fast with a big meal. That could kill you because of the electrolyte shifts after a several day/week fast.