Breaking a fast and hurting teeth?

(Griffin Mekelburg) #1

Hey guys, so I just ended an EF at 64 hours and I ate some almonds and mozzarella. The thing is when I ate some, my teeth hurt sooo much! is it possible in such a short time my gums are actually sore to eat? Its not any tooth in specific its just overall sore teeth and it has continued after I stopped eating. Any thoughts on this keto fam?!

(Linda) #2

Hi @ReaperScoob
I just finished a 106 hour fast this morning and although I didn’t experience the symptoms you mentioned, the roof of my mouth was aching for about 1 hour after breaking the fast. I just put it down to ‘lack of exercise’ in my mouth for the 4.5 days but I’d be interested if anyone else has any input.

(Griffin Mekelburg) #3

Very interesting. I am guessing it was just weakness, I ate dinner and it was slightly there again but not like that first meal. Thanks for your input!

(Mary Ann) #4

Interestingly, I wore up with tooth pain (trying to get in to see my dentist) but I thought: hmmm maybe I should try a fast then. :slight_smile:

(Tina Lemay) #5

I have this issue as well, and I have good dental hygiene. From what I’ve read, I believe it’s the lack of saliva due to fasting. I’m trying the salt-water rinses to overcome the gum discomfort, as well as “cleansing” the increased bacteria produced.