Bowel problems

I just wanted to bring this to the fore- but I read somewhere on here that if you are troubled by diarrhea- try the psyllium husks. Well, I did and they are wonderful! Just a tip for those who are plagued. I took a teaspoon and problem solved for now.

(Paulene ) #2

I introduced a daily psyllium husk capsule in my second or third week toā€¦hmmā€¦ letā€™s say ā€˜even things outā€™. Worked a treat. Donā€™t need them now tho.

@Paulene
Good to know that it subsides! I need another teaspoon right now.

Iā€™m the opposite. Whenever I eat something with psyllium husk in it, Iā€™m constipated for a couple of days and it hurts to go. If I donā€™t eat lots of fibre, itā€™s easier to go and I have ghost wipes. Iā€™ve found that upping my fat intake is a way to get things going, but if you go overboard, you get the other side of the spectrum, the opposite of constipation. Fibre is not the holy grail of pooping and it makes some, but not all, feel worse.

Maybe TMI, but it could help someone?

@Halo
Maybe I am eating too much fat- but I thought maximising fat intake was the point of everything.
But absolutely true that everbody`s intestines react differently. Freud said it is mostly a product of the ups and downs in the anal phase. LOL

(mole person) #6

Iā€™m exactly the same. Psyllium is about the worst thing that I can do for constipation. It makes me hurt more, bloats me like crazy, and makes pooping impossible for many days afterwards.

Similarly I also find very high fats super helpful. For me though, almost no amount will cause things ā€œto go the other wayā€.

Always have spare pants and undergarments, disaster pants are a real thing. :disappointed: :rofl:

The times Iā€™ve had diarrhea have been getting started on keto, having a carb heavy cheat meal, or after the first meal back on keto after a stumble and few days of SAD eating.

@anon24390425
It is good to know ALL of these things. So thx for the info. I havenā€™t done any cheating yet. The food is so good that I dont have to eat any cheat foods - yet. What happened was sometimes I got my carbs up to 25 instead of keeping it below 20, or twice I ate more calories than I was supposed to. But man- that sauce bĆ©arnaise was so delicious that I ate the whole thing. I find myself faced with diarrhea more along the lines of this intermittent fasting thing. Like I wont eat breakfast and am just moseying along feeling good, and suddenly I will get stomach cramps and have to run to find a toilette- this without having eaten breakfast! Like problems from what I ate the day before? Itā€™s weird. I think I might have damaged intestines anyway because I found out I must have had a grain intolerance or allergy or something along those lines. I had IBS forever which actually improved after going on keto. ( I am even afraid to touch bread nowā€¦) So now I have this to contend with. Sigh.

Psyllium solves it for meā€¦ If itā€™s really bad I take one capsule of activated charcoal. One, once. It invariably settles things down.