Bowel movement changes on ZC-- TMI warning

(Chris) #21

Remove the mostly and you may have less trouble. Other things to try are increasing fat or water.

(Ashley) #22

I just mean mostly as in some meats and cheeses and such have slight carbs, other than that I don’t take any, I drink like a gallon a day so I wouldn’t think it would be water. I do eat fatty meats and such, I’m probably around 120+ grams fat a day. Around 80p. Wouldn’t think it’d be either of them. Made a doc app just in case it’s unrelated as I’ve done 4 weeks zero carb and not until this week has it been an issue.

I’m in two minds about this issue, the same was true for me in the first 6 weeks of keto. I hardly pooped and when I did–like you–it was about a third of what was normal (pre-keto). I bought into the "you are eating more nutritionally dense food so there will be less to poop, it sounded right and I wasn’t constipated so I chose to believe this was what was going on.

Then all of a sudden out of no where, I started pooping in the morning, every morning like clockwork, and at a larger volume that was normal (pre keto). It has continued this way for 2-3 weeks.

I don’t feel unwell, actually I feel great but I can’t make heads nor tails out of this crap.

(Roy Haller) #24

Garbage in, Garbage out :rofl:

(Carol D) #25

What would be your recommendations if you ARE constipated? I could use some ideas. :slight_smile:

(Elizabeth ) #26

Eat more fat

(Chris W) #27

Also, less or no cheese, and perhaps some magnesium

(Norma Laming) #28

I don’t think it’s so much that the food is nutritionally dense. Most of the content of faeces is bacteria, though many doctors including carnivore doctors, don’t seem to know this or they’ve forgotten it. If you’re not eating the variety of vegetable matter in the diet that supports/ requires bacteria then those bacteria will become dormant or die off. So obviously the volume will be much less.