Bottom round, roast beef recipe

(Bob M) #1

I used a slightly different recipe as below, but I cooked a bottom round roast this weekend, then cooled it down (in the snow outside) and stored. We sliced it thin and pan fried it. Part of it, my wife and daughter ate just sliced. Even my daughter liked it. And it was on sale!

Here’s the recipe:

The recipe I used (can’t find it) recommended putting the meat out for 1-2 hours. I did that, but I salted the outside with kosher salt and left it out. (By the way, the interior was 41 F and the outside was 51 F, so I don’t think this is a good idea - the meat will never get to room temp.)

I did put the meat in at 450F for about 20 minutes, then I cooled the temperature down to 200F. I cooked the meat to 125F (using a probe thermometer that I put in the meat and has a cord outside to a read), then took it out and let it rest. It went up to 128, and might have gone higher, but I put it in a glass container with lid, and popped it into the snow. I let it rest maybe 10 minutes or so.

The recipe I used I think used salt, pepper, olive oil, fried thyme and crushed garlic. This one has more, but that might not be bad.