Bonefish Grill

(Ethan) #1

I eat at the Bonefish Grill for date night on occasion. They have a lot of good keto entree options, such as Chilean sea bass, lobster, steaks, scallops, etc. The house salad with a different dressing is quite good, too. I’d like to have a multi course meal there, but am having trouble with the starters. In particular, I see from the nutrition facts that the ahi tuna sashimi has 11g net carbs:

Where do you think those carbs come from? Sesame seeds generally are not carb heavy. The fish isn’t either. Think its the sauce? If I eliminated the sauce from the order, I wonder if that would remove most of the carbs…thoughts? I have also had a LOT of issues with ceviche in places before. I mentioned in another thread that even without chips, ceviche has kicked me out of ketosis and spiked blood glucose. I surmise that they add sugar and fruit juices (sometimes even directly add fruit). The edamame looks decent enough. I try to avoid too much soy though.

(Tom Seest) #2

I’ve eaten there before, and I would suspect you are correct in your conclusions. Maybe you can contact their customer service, or one of their cooks, and they will tell you…

(Ethan) #3

Good idea. I just tweeted them.

(Tom Seest) #4

I love their food by the way, but I’m with you; I think it is the sauces…

(Ethan) #5

Speaking of sauce. One of my keto-hacks there is to order extra lemon butter and use that with m broccoli or asparagus.

(Mike W.) #6

And now I want bang-bang shrimp…ugh. I need to ketofy a recipe for them I guess.

(Ethan) #7

I’ve never had bang-bang shrimp. It’s not my type of thing. Lucky, I guess!

(Sophie) #8

…dip the shrimp in beaten egg… roll in almond flour… deep fry in hot oil…lemme know when you get that sauce ready! :heart_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Rebecca) #9

Me too!!!

One way to stop bacteria is by adding sugar, it is a way of preserving the food longer.

Vets use sugar to dress wounds on horses as it prevents infection(bacteria). Same principles.

(Ethan) #11

Sugar draws out the water. This is why honey works.

(Jennifer Danielle) #12

I used to work there, the tuna is floured then soaked in an egg and sashimi sauce mix to get the seeds to stick