Bone broth keyed up hunger

(7ffe4032b7ad53595f0c) #1

I’ve been Keto for 3years and have mostly done TMAD. For a timeOMAD was really great last year and I’m trying to get back in that pattern. But today I felt like I could just keep going past 24hrs (which hardly ever happens to me), when I felt a tiny tiny bit light headed around the 24hr mark I said oh maybe I’ll have a 1/4 cup of bone broth. And after the bone broth I actually felt even hungrier. So I had my one meal.

Anyone else have this issue?

(TJ Borden) #2

I have. I don’t do bone broth anymore. I tried it durning a couple extended fasts and it made me so hungry that I ended up breaking both times. It just goes to show that everyone is different. There’s plenty of people on here that swear by it, but it definitely doesn’t work for me.

(Leigh Thomas) #3

What bone broth are you having?

Be careful as some of the packaged ones do contain artificial sweetener.

I have Meadow and Marrow and haven’t had any issues.

Maybe you could consider making your own if you don’t already.

(7ffe4032b7ad53595f0c) #4

It was Kettle and Fire. I have used the cheaper kinds at Whole Foods. Imagine is the brand I think and never had an issue.

(Lonnie Hedley) #5

Agree. Some people like you are bully’s, some people like me are more helpful. :joy::rofl::joy::grin:

(TJ Borden) #6

:joy::joy::joy:

(What The Fast?!) #7

I miss the pic of your dog in your profile photo :frowning:

(Lonnie Hedley) #8

Changed.

(What The Fast?!) #9

Yaaaaayyy!!! Puppies > abs. Hahahhaa

(What The Fast?!) #10

Also. I am
Fasting and reading this made me want the bone broth I made last night. I don’t usually do bone broth on a fast, but I just had some. :slight_smile:

This thread isn’t that recent but I wanted to say, this happens to me too. Lately I’ve been putting bone broth in my coffee (no, it doesn’t taste bad lol… I like it…I also add monk fruit and HWC) . I don’t drink the coffee until I’m ready to break my fast, around 8am (been doing 20/4 fasting). But… if I have plain bone broth before 8am, it does make me hungry and want to start my coffee too early. I’ve only done that if I wanted to get the bone broth into my body during the day, not because I was hungry. So I don’t do that anymore. I just add it to my coffee in order to get it into my body that day. It’s easy to make it to 8am (I’ve been stopping every day at noon and fast 20 hours).

(Leigh Thomas) #12

I use Meadow and Marrow bone broth. The only time I have it is in the morning when I intended to end a fast and it’s suggested that bone broth is a good way to break a fast. I haven’t noticed that I’m anymore hungry as a result of bb.

I quit the bone broth during a fast. I’m finishing day 6 of a fast…not even a little grumble while at work today. This is the longest I’ve ever fasted, and feel fantastic.

(Stephanie ) #14

I make my own bone broths, and I don’t touch them when I fast. Same with coffee. I just get too hungry, and the rest of the fast is a slog.

(Edith) #15

I was reading in “Good Calories, Bad Calories” that when we eat something, our body secretes some insulin within minutes of eating the food. This spurt of insulin stops lipolysis to get our body primed for the incoming meal.

I think if you get hungry after having broth, there must be enough “food” in the broth to secrete insulin so your body is ready for more food. Possibly, the broth is signaling the end of the fast.