Body fat is extra jiggly all of a sudden

(Failed) #1

Today, all of a sudden, my midriff roll is very soft and jiggly overnight. It wasn’t like that yesterday. I haven’t lost any more weight since my 7 day EF a couple of weeks ago, and have gained a couple (hopefully water weight lost during the EF).

So why is this fat roll loose and squishy since yesterday? I don’t know what it means, if anything, and when I tried an Internet search, all I got was recipes for keto bread rolls :rofl:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

I think the fasting caused some deflation of the fat cells, resulting in that less firm feel. I went through the same thing earlier this month, 4 day Fast with 10 lbs lost. The loose flabbiness followed by regaining all the weight in a week and then loosing steadily again since then, eight of the ten pounds so far at a rapid rate. This was all during July after being stalled for about two months. I think you will notice it tightening up some again in the following weeks. Weight loss is a process more complex than just dropping pounds. There is often a down/up/down effect especially if fasting was involved. Everyone gets some refeed gain afterwards. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Karen) #3

Whoosh!

(Failed) #4

Fingers crossed!

('Jackie P') #5

Haha! This really made me laugh!

This is fun!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #6

Jiggly is good—it will eventually tighten up as the loose connective tissue gets recycled.

The real hard, solid fat is visceral fat, the stuff inside your abdomen around your internal organs, and that is a sign of metabolic disease. Fortunately, it is among the first fat to go. The jiggly stuff is the subcutaneous fat, and while it doesn’t look great once the visceral fat is gone, it’s not associated with illness. So you’re making good progress. KCKO!

(Failed) #7

That was great, I loved it!

(Failed) #8

Good info, thank you. I think part if my problem has been that after I broke my 7 day water only fast, I didn’t eat many calories, so not much fat. I just wasn’t hungry. This week, I have focused on fat, mostly avocados. I think maybe I finally convinced my fat cells that it’s ok to let go because there’s lots of fat coming in.

Same here. How cans something so gross be so encouraging!? Ha!

I’ve always found that when it does that and gets more “airy” that it’s loosing density aka burning off!