Body comp test

(9a726aa3bd834d574012) #1

Hello,
I did a body comp and metabolic test. I have reached my goal and I would like to know how I can use that information to my advantage for maintenance?
Thank you

(Jane Lapointe) #2

I am very interested in this, too.

(KCKO, KCFO) #3

I’m going to be scheduling a DEXA scan for next month, too busy this month. I plan to use that information in my maintenance to figure out how to convert more of my fat to muscle because I know with more muscles I will affect my metabolic rate, which will help keep my weight stable. So far, I have just used fasting to keep my weight in the range I want. But I would truly love to have more muscle than I currently do, just for staying active and keeping that metabolic rate up there, so I don’t have to watch calories ever again.

That’s great!! Good job!! :grinning:

Do you have a scale that measures- Weight, Body Fat%, Water, Muscle, and Bone?

I have had one for a long time (years). It’s not fancy. I know it’s not anywhere near as accurate as a DEXA.

But, surprisingly, I felt like there may be some general correlation. When I lost my weight with Keto- I am in maintenance now- I saw my body fat percentage going down with it while my muscle and water basically stayed the same. I got my first/only DEXA (to date) at my lowest weight. It showed my body fat was slightly higher than the scale percentage (by like 4%). I overshot my Phinney weight, and have since gained back 10 lbs. As I did this my scale demonstrated an increase in body fat by about 2%. Muscle and water stayed the same. I would like to repeat the DEXA- when I’m quite sure I am now at Phinney weight. To recheck the correlation.

Anyway- what I’d like to say is that a simple scale like that correlated to your body comp test- may be a tool you can use in maintenance.

As an aside- since this is a maintenance category. I too recently (November) started an exercise/lifting regimen- with the hopes of changing my body fat/muscle ratios. Although, I am feeling stronger- my muscle percentage hasn’t changed on the scale- yet- Lol!. I am feeling good and am employing the KCKO!!

Congrats again and good luck!!

(Melissa) #5

Im scheduled for my first DEXA scan tomorrow!! I still have 15 pounds to go until my goal weight, but so excited to see the ratio’s. I think weight lifting is on my list of priorities to switch things up.