Bloodwork after 2 years of working at keto

(Teresa Driver) #1

My HbA1c is a 4.9, down from a 5.7 in 2015.
My total cholesterol is still 223, but now it’s because my HDL is 100 mg/dL up from 67 mg/dL in 2015.
My fasting blood glucose is 93mg/dL, down from 115 mg/dl in 2015.
My fasting insulin is within normal ranges for the first time ever.
For the first time in my life since puberty, I am not iron deficient, and my CBC is largely in normal ranges.

I believe I may safely say that if I continue what I am doing, I have reversed my blood sugar issues as related to metabolic syndrome, and my anemia.

Concerns about high fat in Keto diet
(Teresa Driver) #2

(Ren) #3

Congrats on such great results!!!

(paul ) #4

Holy macaroni!!!
I am praying for anything close to that!! Amazing.

Question did you see results in the blood work gradually?
I ask because I an going for blood work in 2 weeks> Been keto for 7months 60 pounds lighter. But I would like to have some good numbers and not freak my cardiologist out.

Nice! I ave a doctor appointment with blood work coming up in late August. Started Keto in March. Looking forward to my results. I’ve lost 30 lbs so I know that part will be good.

(Teresa Driver) #6

There was gradual improvement over the course of the last 18 months. But this is even better than I was anticipating. I think my decision to get as close to zero carbs as possible was exactly what I needed to do at this point. Interestingly enough at this point my weight has only decreased by about 10 pounds over 2 years (347 down to 337) , but I am fairly certain that with these changes and finally getting someone to take my thyroid seriously I will see movement on that front in the next year.