Blood sugar and should it be lower

(John filbert) #1

I have been eating keto for about 3 weeks and have seen my sugar numbers go from around 200 to about the 120s is this normal of should it be lower and how long should I expect it to take to get to a normal range (under 100)

(James ) #2

I am at the 6 week mark and will be interested to hear what others have to say on this. I started in the low 200 and now I am 120 to 130 fasting and 115 by the end of the day. I fasted for 48 hours and my numbers stayed in that range as well. Looking forward to a fasting sugar under 100.

(Steve) #3

I’ve been LCHF for about 8 months, but just got a Precision Xtra a couple of weeks ago and have been measuring fasting ketones and glucose twice a week first thing in the morning. My ketones during first measurement a couple of weeks ago were 0.2 mmol/L and glucose around 125 mg/dL. Was surprised by ketones, thought they would be higher. Trying to eat more fat, less protein and in the last week ketones have increased to 0.4 but the glucose has stayed around 125. So not happy with the glucose, thinking I’ll keep on increasing fat and hopefully increase ketones and lower glucose.

(Jules Swart) #4

My doctor tells me that he only wants people who need to use insulin (or diabetics who have an acute illness like the flu,) to be overly concerned with home monitor numbers. He says they can different hugely depending on time of day, the monitor, the tube of sticks, even where and how you take the blood. He swears by A1C as the true test of what your consistent sugar level is across time.

(Linda Culbreth) #5

Dr. Adam Nally says he is not that concerned about the bg numbers. And that it takes 18-24 months for a body to heal itself on keto. He speaks about that and other things here: https://www.docmuscles.com/lunchnlearn-with-docmuscles-ketonianking-are-you-ready-for-a-30-day-keto-kickstart/

(TJ Borden) #6

How have your glucose levels progressed? I’ve been curious because after 5 months, mine are still generally between 110 and 125. They don’t seem to ever get much over 130 after eating, so spikes are gone. The only times it’s dropped under 100 is durning extended fasts.