Blaze Keto Pizza

You guys see this news? Sounds interesting, and one just opened nearby

http://www.businessinsider.com/blaze-pizza-launches-first-official-keto-diet-approved-pizza-crust-2019-7

(Troy) #2

A start at least
Choices and options

Side note
“Along with the company’s new Keto and Cauliflower Crusts, >>>(both available for an ADDITIONAL CHARGE):rage:

I’m gonna do a drop in tomorrow, launch day
Just to check prices

From there website

Keto Crust and cauliflower crust

BE SURE to check the ingredients for those that are willing to try
Yikes :flushed:

Haha yeah that doesn’t surprise me. Like the breakfast places that charge you to substitute something for potatoes/bread. Haters! Haha

(Bob M) #4

I would pay more for a keto pizza, as they cost more to make (wheat is cheap). There are no places near me that make such a pizza, though.

I was so excited to see this as I used to frequent Blaze pre keto, but sadly it’s a no go for me- the had me up till the cultured brown rice in the keto crust- allergic to rice.

(Chris) #6

I feel like this isnt keto. The best one is 12g carb for one pizza. The bottom one is 120g per pizza lol

12g wouldn’t be that bad, but yeah no matter what its gonna have to be a restricted freaking pizza haha. still nice to see restaurants at least trying

I was just doing the math on that too. Who is going to eat one slice?

wait i thought it was supposed to be for the whole pizza… those things are TINY… if it’s not i wouldn’t bother haha. kinda pointless.

(Zach) #10

You gotta just play around with ingredients. Add olive oil, olives, cheese, meat and avoid tomatoes.
Here’s half a pizza with pretty good macros. 8 g of net carbs and about half my protein. Add some melted garlic butter and you got something! I’m going to try this after I finish my fast.

(PJ) #11

The minute grains are in something I’m out.
Sad.
It’d be kinda nice to have a delivery pizza place I could eat from!
Although really, without the massive filling-bread-crusts to kill you, pizza is the most overpriced retail food around.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #12

As a one meal thing it might not be too bad, but it uses up way too many carbs for me (and not nearly enough fat).

(traci simpson) #13

Make your own crust with parmesan cheese and an egg! or cauliflower and an egg.

(Bob M) #14

I’ve made multiple crusts, from meat to versions of Fat Head pizza. The problem is a lot of functions are at pizza places, and sometimes I’m lazy and don’t want to cook. At these points, it would be nice to be able to buy something from a pizza joint. And I live near New Haven, CT, which has some of the best pizza in the world. Wood or coal fired or other fancy pizzas? Almost every pizza place here has one of those. There are so many pizza places here that I know of no chain pizza places, though I’m sure they exist…somewhere near me.

(Zach) #15

Maybe try “pizza on a plate” which is all the toppings minus the dough. Or maybe ask them to try cheese only then take it out and add sauce, toppings and more cheese?
I think it’s a good first step and soon we’ll be able to order a fathead pizza and get a full-fat no-sugar ice cream at a chain restaurant.

I went today and gave this a shot. It was passable, but carlshead pizza blows it away. It is nice to have an option for social pizza, or family-pizza-out, but I would not seek this out without the social component. The crust was “bready”, but not crisp in any way. Also very bland, I had to load up the pizza with salt to taste it.

Ya, Ill be on that crap tomorrow!

(Zach) #18

Tried it today. Similar experience. Fathead is better. It was bland and got soggy by the end. Still, great toppings and I want to support any place that does this to being keto mainstream.
I had a spicy red sauce, shredded mozzarella, Gorgonzola and shredded Parmesan, salami, sausage and pepperoni with roast garlic, spinach, basil, jalapeños, black and kalamata olives. I upped the fat with an olive oil drizzle at the end and threw on some fresh arugula. I like a salad ON my pizza, don’t hate.
My mistake was the roasted garlic. Their nutrition calculator says that added 15 carbs. Take that off and it is 87 fat/87protein and only 17 net carbs. Since I finished a 96 hour fast today, I figure I can handle the carb bump for a special occasion. I’ll probably tey it again with more olive oil and no garlic. They put a sugar burning amount of olive oil, i have to be brave enough to ask for a fat burners amount. It would be best if they had a bowl of melted garlic butter to dip each slice into. But alas not yet.

(Sandi Vest) #19

I tried Blaze Keto pizza last night.It tasted good and it was nice to go out for a pizza with the family. However, it caused me enormous gut upset afterwards which lasted all night and into the morning. I looked up the ingredients and they use casein and whey protein powder, which may have been what did me in. The only other thing that causes me this much distress is when I very rarely indulge in wheat. I’ve been keto for almost 2 yrs now. I eat clean ingredients most of the time. Anyone else get this reaction?

Blaze is close to work and it’s a popular place to meet up for lunch or after work. So it’s been nice to be able to order with everyone else. I order with feta, fresh mozz, sausage and mushrooms and finish it with a drizzle of olive oil. I forgo the sauces completely.

I’ve contemplated ordering it with just a bunch of cheese like cheese sticks but haven’t done that yet.