Birthday party dessert options

(Jessica) #1

Im about 3 weeks into keto and feeling great, however Im hosting a birthday party on Sunday and am looking to make something delicious I can eat while the others have their sugar and flour filled cake! Id love brownies or something but I dont know what to do as I havent attempted anything “dessert” like since on keto.

Thanks!

(Sophie) #2

You have to look around… there should be some sort of almond/coconut flour trifle with strawberries & whipped cream something that you could make!

(Brian) #3

AllDayIDreamAboutFood.com

Carolyn is awesome and has a ton of dessert recipes.

Check her out. :slight_smile:

(Ron) #4

Sugar free Jello with heavy whipped cream on top. Easy peasy and looks party friendly.:+1:

(Robert C) #5

I would stick with @mtncntrykid’s suggestion. If you only have until Sunday and you have not found (and experimented with!) a good artificial sweetener - you may not be too happy with your first attempt (unless maybe you are lucky or a great cook exactly following a great recipe).

Another simple option might be to serve both cake and super dark chocolate (95% - then only eat the chocolate). I would be nice if there was a keto dessert isle at the supermarket where they put in as much work to make nice looking grab-n-go thing as they put into their on-premise bakeries (hopefully those will be reversed in 10 years).

Panna Cotta topped with raspberries, it’s super easy to make, I know this because I am the worst cook in the world and mastered it on my first try.

Ingredients
1 carton of pure cream (heavy cream)
2 sheets of gelatine
Raspberries

Method
Place gelatine sheets in a bowl of cold water and allow to soften whilst you heat the pure cream.

Pour pure cream (heavy cream) into a pot and bring to a boil. Once boiled reduce the heat and simmer for a minute or two then remove from heat.

Scoop out gelatine sheets from the water and squeeze to remove any water then place them in the pure cream (heavy cream) and stir until dissolved. Allow to cool.

Once cooled pour into ramekins using a strainer to catch any lumps formed during the cooling process. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to set.

Top with raspberries once set and serve.

(Becky) #7

Thank you for posting this recipe! I just saw this on a menu and felt it had to easy to ketofy!

(Becky) #8

Is it 16 or 32 oz of cream?

(Randy) #9

Sugar free jello where you boil 1 cup of water, mix in the jello, and add 1 cup HWC instead of water. It sets up with the HWC layer on the bottom, and clear on top. Orange is awesome for this.

(Mike W.) #10

Happy birthday.
IMG_6359

(Beth) #11

Those are all good ideas. If you miss regular desserts, these two keto treats have kept the peace in our house. The brownies are gooey, not cake-like. I frost them with the chocolate frosting from the yellow cake recipe. I would use powdered confectioners style Swerve sweetener to keep it easy.

I use a 600ml carton in Australia, if I got the conversion correct that’s 20 oz of cream.

(TJ Borden) #13

That’s one of the prettiest birthday cakes I’ve ever seen.