Birmingham, AL Meat Up

(I like to post memes!) #1

Who’s up for a meatup in Birmingham, Alabama?

(Tom Seest) #2

I will be down there on and around March 11th for the Restoration Ride in Alphine and could attend one then.

(I like to post memes!) #3

Seestfest!!! Keep me updated and I’ll find a good meatup spot. Any specific area of town you’ll be in?

(Tom Seest) #4

I’ll be camping in my RV at the Gristmill where they have the race and ride. I help sponsor the event. They actually have Keto food at the event.

(I like to post memes!) #5

@tdseest Cool!

(Tom Seest) #6

You are welcome to come down for any meals and we can host a Meat Up there if you want. Billy Ritch is my friend and he smokes all of the Meat

(I like to post memes!) #7

That might work! We are always looking for new spots to camp.

(Tom Seest) #8

Great camping there. Billy can get you discounted camping. He suggests either Saturday dinner, Sunday lunch or Sunday Dinner.

I will be riding on Saturday and probably on Sunday too.

He’ll smoke beef and pork.

(I like to post memes!) #9

@tdseest :thumbsup:

(Tom Seest) #10

Ok. I’m going to be creating a public event for this on Facebook, and start to advertise it tomorrow. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

The food at the Restoration Ride is pretty Keto friendly in case you want to come out on Saturday and camp.

My parents may be coming (both Keto), my wife will be coming (Keto), and Kevin Miller will be coming and he is Keto. I also know some other Keto folks in the area, so it wouldn’t surprise me if we end up with somewhere between 20 and 30 people.

I can also do a quick presentation (just because there may be some new people or interested people from the ride), if you think it will help.

(Tom Seest) #11

@Ketoberry

I’m going to fire up this event for Sunday, March 12th at 12:00PM until … if that is ok with you.

I’ll create the Facebook event, and start inviting my friends from your area.

(Tom Seest) #12

I’ve met many of you over the years here, but many of you may not know my story.

In 2007, I started my journey to better health. At the time, I weighed somewhere north of 500 pounds. Our scale at the house only went up to 500, so I never got the “starting weight” or the before photo. I started with a straight low carb Atkins diet, and dieted my way down to 452 pounds. At that point, I began riding my bicycle. The date was 4/6/2011. Since then, I’ve logged over 23,700 miles. I’ve learned a lot along the way, and have enjoyed the journey in many ways. I currently weigh around 270 pounds, with another 50 to 70 to lose. I’ve been losing fat the last couple of years doing a low carb, high fat Ketogenic diet while maintaining my riding schedule.

In December, I got pneumonia and ended up with an Atrial Fibrillation during the pneumonia. Currently, I’m only riding at about 7 Mile Per Hour which can be pretty limiting. It may be temporary or it may be permanent. I’ll be riding in the Ride this year, but at an even slower pace than I did when I weighed much more last year. I may not even finish the ride, but I will enjoy every pedal turn.

I’m going to be hosting a Low Carb High Fat Ketogenic Diet Meat Up on Sunday, March 12th at the Restoration Ride (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1554657618098598/) Grist Mill from 12:00 PM until 3:00 PM. Billy Ritch will be cooking chicken and pulled pork, and I’ll be paying for it. While you are under no obligation to ask me questions, I’m willing to impart with as much information as you would want to know. I have data from over 6 years of riding that I can share with you, if you have questions.

The only thing that I ask is that you leave a comment below indicating how many people you will be bringing, as my esteemed chef needs to plan the food for the event.

Please come, and we’ll get to know each other in a better way. And, I’ll probably learn something too.

Thank you for your time, and please be healthy and well.