Big Mistake

(Michelle) #1

I came across this recipe and decided to make it since I had all the ingredients on hand. BIG MISTAKE. Just because you have all the ingredients does not mean you should make delicious blondies. OMG. trouble. These are soooooo good.

http://www.mysweetketo.com/recipe/cocoa-butter-keto-blondies/

What did you Keto today?

Hmmm… I’ve been wondering what to do with that cocoa butter I bought…

(Michelle) #3

yeah! that’s where I was… what do I do with this stuff. Ummm… yummm. These are so yummy. I only cooked them about 28 minutes, and they are soft and moist. I have to show a lot of restraint not to just gobble them up.

(eat more) #4

i put it in my coffee :slight_smile:

edit: technically i put cacao butter in my coffee…the diff between cocoa and cacao is one is raw and one has been heat treated…and the o’s and a’s LOL

Well I have to make something for a potluck tonight, so these are gonna be it!

(Michelle) #6

I don’t know if I’ll just have this on hand again. I think it’s good, but I have trouble finding uses for it. And, these blondies are the bomb, so I don’t want to get in the habit of making them all the time. gobble gobble gobble.

If I do decide to make these again, I’ll buy a jar.

(eat more) #7

i have many a recipe bookmarked that hasn’t been made for that reason :pig_nose:

i like the nuggets…they look like i just struck gold LOL
i do like it in my coffee…makes it creamier and gives me some bonus magnesium (which i may be fooling myself since i am heating it LOL)

i’ve only ever seen cocoa butter in the jar for topical/skin care use…i didn’t even know they made edible in the jar?

Now if I can just figure out where i PUT that huge bag of cocoa butter… grr.

Ah, found it! Mine says “Raw Cacao Butter” – y’all think that will work?

(Michelle) #10

yes, I think it should be fine. I found this: https://www.therawtarian.com/community/f/discussion/1388/cacao-butter-vs-cocoa-butter

I used this:

(eat more) #11

i thought maybe we were talking about cacao/cocoa versus coconut :joy:

(Michelle) #12

maybe?? dunno. I used this since I thought this may be what she meant in the recipe!!! All Greek to me!

(eat more) #13

:joy:
just means you successfully tweaked a recipe with what you had on hand :blush:

cacao/cocoa butter is the fat that is extracted from the cocoa bean…it’s what makes (good) chocolate smooth
it’s yummers and in raw form has benefits besides being chocolatey lol

(Michelle) #14

hmmmm… so do I need to find cacao butter and make it with that and see how much of a big mistake I really made!! ha ha ha. I’m such a dork in the kitchen, I don’t subject anyone else to my cooking.

(eat more) #15

i think if you had to practice self control with the blondies you prob did really well :joy:

i just used the last of my cacao butter in my coffee this morning and i’m not gonna lie…i’m a little panicked for tomorrow’s coffee :neutral_face: :joy:

Well my raw cacao butter version is in the oven!

(Michelle) #17

:thumbsup: Let us know how your batch comes out!!! Mine is missing another square… ugh.

Let’s just say I’m glad it’s going to a potluck! I had to trim the edges of course, to taste-test and make it look nice…

Meanwhile, for those interested in the arcane details:

Oh my! I used a chunk of cacao butter in my BPC this morning with some cinnamon and it tastes like Mexican hot chocolate. Wow!!!

(G. Andrew Duthie) #20

Decided to try this just now. Probably will go with a smaller chunk next time, as the flavor is a little overpowering, but good.