Big Food sales suffering, share prices tumbling, need to reformulate their products

Interesting news in the Big Food industry.

General Mills stock tumbling, with sales targets not being met, resulting in revenue being low. They say their yogurt and soup sales segments are suffering the most. Hmmmmm. Let me guess. What should they do to their product formulations to boost their yogurt and soup sales? …Well, it isn’t adding more sugar or carbs!!!

Campbell Soup company also missed their revenue targets, sending their shares down. The segments that hurt the most was pepperidge farm cookies, v8 juice, condensed soup and canned broth. The segments that improved in sales were their ready to serve “chunky” and “well yes” soups, which have a less processed and higher protein content. The company is also gearing up to introduce a new higher protein soup product line, to maximize on this trend.

I’m not a consumer of processed foods…but, I still find this sort of news interesting. It shows that a shift is happening in food choices.

(Arlene) #2

It’s all about the money, and your consumer vote matters. If you are unsatisfied with a big food product, or even a big pharma product, don’t buy it. There are always alternatives. Your buying vote Does matter.